Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

XPlane Development Status Thread [Updated 12SEP14]

Wait, before the end of the year we will hear from PMDG :)

... I hope

I must say, exactly 3 months since the update on page 1, we've heard exactly nothing since in relation to the X-Plane development.

With the expected release anytime from now on, and mention in a previous post of further "news" that was expected to be released in September that was delayed, im dead-set surpised to hear nothing.

Is this how PMDG normally work? Or is there something we should be reading between the lines?

Is this how PMDG normally work? Or is there something we should be reading between the lines?

If there is news to release, then news is released. If there's no major news to release, then no news is released.

Keep in mind, too, that the X-Plane project subject hasn't been revealed yet. Since it'll be a surprise, news updates are that much more difficult. It's pretty hard to release an update of any significance while only vaguely alluding to the topic (which is - I'm guessing - why nothing has been announced over on the X-Plane site).

This being the first release on that new platform, one should expect that there may be delays and challenges.

Kyle Rodgers

Oh I can only imagine there would be some challenges in the road, only need to spend 5 minutes in XP's planemaker to realise it would be a headache, even without external plugins!

Being a secret project I know not too much can be released, would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? But little things like "Its entered Beta testing" or "The testers are getting really excited about this" (if indeed it is at that stage) just little things that show the ball is rolling.

I mean, I dont think im asking too much, but at the same time I know theres no way I could influence a company like PMDG into changing their ways. Just the nature of the beast I guess.

Well to be honest if you don't announce something soon you PMDG will miss out on getting its foot in door as so to speak.Because the development for x-plane is

happening so fast that people who own x-plane will just reject anything PMDG produce I mean lets look at the facts thier is already

A350

B777

B757

A320

B738

B748

Well nuff said lets see what the future brings  

Honestly, not many of those aircraft have the same quality and system depth of what we're used to from PMDG. I'm not saying that they're bad, they're just a step or two below. I think whatever PMDG releases for X-plane will do fine.

NAX669.png

people who own x-plane will just reject anything PMDG produce I mean lets look at the facts thier is already

Ooooh your soo wrong.  Like the Americans would say,  "oh your so wrong man and stuff,  like stuff and stuff"

Well to be honest if you don't announce something soon you PMDG will miss out on getting its foot in door as so to speak.Because the development for x-plane is
happening so fast that people who own x-plane will just reject anything PMDG produce I mean lets look at the facts thier is already
A350
B777
B757
A320
B738
B748

I don't think it's a situation of "early bird gets the worm". I feel like a lot of the times simmers assume that there's space in the market for only one addon for a particular aircraft type/airport. Look at ImagineSim's KIAD, and then afterward, Flightbeam's KIAD. Flightbeams was a better quality product, and therefore sold far, far better than ImagineSim's did. There are going to be multiple 757s, whenever Level-D get theirs out the door (should they ever). A niche market like flight simulation will always value quality above all, and should a better 777, 738 or 748 come out from PMDG onto the XPX platform, I'd expect it to sell well. 

Don't forget that PMDG will be bringing a whole new kind of customer to the X-Plane platform. The holdouts. The PMDG diehards. They're coming to XPX same as the PMDG product does, but only with said product. Even if they rehash the 777, I'm sure it'll sell well. 

Aamir Thacker

Whilst PMDG are undoubtably the at the pinnacle of  FSX developers, we should remember that the current crop of extremely talented X-Plane developers have kind of stolen a march, as they already know the X-Plane code inside out. PMDG are learning from scratch and have already suggested their first product will not be one of their more complex aircraft. 

I agree, as yet X-Plane does not have a PMDG level aircraft, but some the ones that it does have are coming mighty close. The IXEG 737 Classic may well prove to surpass anything we have yet seen from PMDG.

What is certain is that we X-Plane pilots live in exciting times.

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

I've been waiting to get a T7 for X-Plane hoping PMDG would release one for xplane. No developer has been able to get this plane right. Close but not quite right. When I had FSX I had the 744, MD-11 and they were the best a/c (with the Level-D) for FSX. I haven't had a 777 since the PSS version for FS9!

If there is news to release, then news is released. If there's no major news to release, then no news is released.

Keep in mind, too, that the X-Plane project subject hasn't been revealed yet. Since it'll be a surprise, news updates are that much more difficult. It's pretty hard to release an update of any significance while only vaguely alluding to the topic (which is - I'm guessing - why nothing has been announced over on the X-Plane site).

This being the first release on that new platform, one should expect that there may be delays and challenges.

It would seem they themselves are expecting to make a big splash. Good stuff!

A350

B777

B757

A320

B738

B748

You won't make PMDG comment on anything or have them develop faster with a comment like this...

Anyway, I haven't bought the FlightFactor B777, because PMDG will probably make a better one.

Regardless everything being said, one fact is PMDG is contributing to a better flight simulation experience across all main sim platforms FSX/P3D/X plane 10...

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

A350

B777

B757

A320

B738

B748

Don't kid yourself. They don't come anywhere close to PMDG quality. Ive been waiting for an X-Plane heavy for a couple yrs, siunce starting using it.. Carenado has done well in the GA market... No,, Id rather wait for excellent quality.