Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

XPlane Development Status Thread [Updated 12SEP14]

Actually, most X-Plane designers with a name started out as freeware developers.  Only the last few years payware really got a boost in XP, and that is probably due to the large increase in the user base.  On our team all of us have been developing in XP for

10-15 years, and mostly freeware - as a hobby. 

It will surely attract (well deserved) attention to XP.  It will raise the bar, it will be a catalyst, it will be a win-win for everyone.  So in the old XP spirit - lets welcome them by motivating them to stay regardless of what project is first and what the release date will be, it will be awesome - as usual!

Cheers

Morten Melhuus

Hi Morten,

thats what I meant by haveing released two or three planes, payware ones. And maybe already a couple of freeware planes before that.

Same could be said about your project. It'll raise the bar, for everyone including PMDG.

I hope they will deliver the 747v2 for X-Plane 10 a.s.a.p. Will be amazing  :rolleyes:

Just a quick question. Will the PMDG aircraft need to be created again with Planemaker, or are there easier methods for PMDG to port them over?

Just curious because I just bought X-Plane 10 this year.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

As an X-plane user, there is already a pretty decent 777 and 757 available

Depends on how you define "decent".  I would describe those as "adequate".  I would buy all PMDG products again for XPX, if they were available.  All that I ever wish for XPX are PMDG and real working weather injector!

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Depends on how you define "decent".  I would describe those as "adequate".  I would buy all PMDG products again for XPX, if they were available.  All that I ever wish for XPX are PMDG and real working weather injector!

Please indulge me. What is wrong with flightfactor 777 and 757 ? Are you just making your opinion on a few YT video or did you actually try it ?  I am owner of both and the differences are very subtle between the two.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

"A few moments ago, we have made the PMDG 777-200LR/F Base Package for Prepar3D and PMDG 777-300ER Expansion for Prepar3D!

With these two releases, we officially kick off what we anticipate will be an exciting new period of development for serious flight simulation on a serious, enterprise-targeted simulation platform that is growing, improving and under continual, active development."

So; if this platform is the future and for serious flight simulation, then what is XPX? (chop liver?) so why develop for XPX then?

The longer this continues to drag out the more worried i am.

Holding RSR's true, the first XP aircraft will be released to evaluate the platform/sales.

Now im not worried about the quality of this addon, i doubt PMDG would take shortcuts, but im worried this project will be a less-than-hoped for aircraft.

Its clear XP could do wonders with a PMDG 73NG, 744 or even 777, and they would sell very well, but if this secret project is an old prop job or something similar with a smaller following, i fear the return for investment for PMDG will be lower than deemed feasible and the rest of the aircraft planned to be released for XP will be canceled... loose-loose situation.

Not just me thinking this, talking to a few XP devs and others following this situation have expressed the same fears (none of which have any idea what is happening, like the rest of us).

Moving back to FSX is an option i wont take, its just too dated these days and P3D is not an option due to licence issues, so im stuck hoping PMDG also can see this issue and act to nullify it.

Congrats on the P3D 777, hope we hear some news soon.

Let's hope the promised PMDG offering for X-plane doesn't become vaporware.

NAX669.png

Moving back to FSX is an option i wont take, its just too dated these days and P3D is not an option due to licence issues, so im stuck hoping PMDG also can see this issue and act to nullify it.

Happily, where ever the good planes end up, I'll be ready for them.  As a long time veteran of flight simulation, I'm back with a fast computer, and using both FSX and X-Plane 10 after nearly two years of being away from desktop sims.  I don't find FSX dated at all. In fact, with some of the Orbx textures I'm now using, it's a beautiful sim. Both XP-10 and FSX run with fast frame rates and smooth action. Or...........I can still drag both sims down by piling on everything.  I now find myself making the same flights with both sims. One can look absolutely fantastic, while the other does not, visa versa, or both look great. An example is a run from KSLC to KJAC (Jackson Hole). XP-10 has awsome mountain textures with the setting sun, while Orbx FTX is providing great looking canyon textures along the way, especially in the spring, with some snow still dotting the hill sides. As the Tetons appear in the X-Plane sunset, it's stunning, to say the least. Looks very real!  At the same time, I prefer the Orbx textures for lower and slower, or crossing the mountain to the Idaho side. I'm just glad I don't have to settle for one sim. It would be a waste.  

Happily, where ever the good planes end up, I'll be ready for them. As a long time veteran of flight simulation, I'm back with a fast computer, and using both FSX and X-Plane 10 after nearly two years of being away from desktop sims. I don't find FSX dated at all. In fact, with some of the Orbx textures I'm now using, it's a beautiful sim. Both XP-10 and FSX run with fast frame rates and smooth action. Or...........I can still drag both sims down by piling on everything. I now find myself making the same flights with both sims. One can look absolutely fantastic, while the other does not, visa versa, or both look great. An example is a run from KSLC to KJAC (Jackson Hole). XP-10 has awsome mountain textures with the setting sun, while Orbx FTX is providing great looking canyon textures along the way, especially in the spring, with some snow still dotting the hill sides. As the Tetons appear in the X-Plane sunset, it's stunning, to say the least. Looks very real! At the same time, I prefer the Orbx textures for lower and slower, or crossing the mountain to the Idaho side. I'm just glad I don't have to settle for one sim. It would be a waste.

I can agree with you here, but between the house, family and other hobbies theres not much spare money flying around, to get FSX onto the level that XP is would mean money spent that i cant justify unfortunately.

Out of the box with freeware scenery, two or 3 payware aircraft, Australia (where i fly 99% of the time) is almost perfect in XP, i cant say the same for FSX unfortunately and thats why im mainly XP-only.

But really, with its age and payware addons FSX does look good. But cant compete with XP on a budget.

I don't give much. Last time je wrote shortly, thats now two months ago.

I wish for ATR72-500/600

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

PMDG announced an announcement! :D

Waiting for the first preview shots!

PMDG announced an announcement! :D

Waiting for the first preview shots!

Huh?