Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

XPlane Development Status Thread [Updated 12SEP14]

This must be some kind of joke by PMDG. This is the only topic which seems to get no attention at all, just ignoring it. I bet IXEG will finish their great B733 before PMDG finishes anything for xplane.

This must be some kind of joke by PMDG. This is the only topic which seems to get no attention at all, just ignoring it. I bet IXEG will finish their great B733 before PMDG finishes anything for xplane.

haha - yes. Ignoring it. That's exactly what we're doing here...

Why open up extra streams of revenue...? Who does that...? And why...?

EDIT:

By the way, how is it that you can already say "great B733" about a project that you haven't even flown yet? Based on your posts on this page alone, you should very carefully consider how you want to participate here. Participation is not a right, and the vague trolling/baiting that's going on isn't exactly protected by AVSIM's ToS.

Kyle Rodgers

You do need to acknowledge that all the topics around us are getting updated except for this one. I don't know if anyone remembers, that the original announcement was planned for the summer last year. Then nothing for two months, no post indicating problems and that you guys need more time. Then this thread was opened with almost the same statement as the last, except a few little details. But nothing about any problems which are causing delays. There was just no communication towards future costumers, it would be cool to know where the project is.

About the B733, unlike PMDG, there have been a few tutorials about the plane on youtube, blogs and many pictures about the plane posted by developers. You're right, I haven't flown it yet, but there have been a lot of information posted by the devs. They include their costumers in the development process. Thats very common in the xplane community. The hearth of the xplane community is at xplane.org. We have a section about airplane development notices http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showforum=6 And a lot of people were surprised that PMDG didn't make the step towards their costumers, rather making them move towards them, towards avsim...

I ask you to please understand the frustration building up... If speaking out loud is considered trolling here at avsim, I'm sorry.

Greetings

Well if youtube videos or that thread on x-plane.org does not tell something.

As well as that teams long dedication and pride.

Think it's time this thread gets locked/deleted as it's gone all off track.

I ask you to please understand the frustration building up... If speaking out loud is considered trolling here at avsim, I'm sorry.

I understand the venting, don't get me wrong. There's a reason why I left your post in the thread and didn't hit you with a warning for trolling. It just bordered on trolling. You'd intimated that this is the only place PMDG could "treat its customers like this" and it isn't. You'd also somewhat thrown in a jab by saying "this must be some kind of joke" and then finished it by bringing another development into the conversation, which is usually how trolls bait an argument. I'm not saying it was your intention - it just had the signature elements and I wanted to stop it from devolving from there.

The way information is shared here isn't unique. I'd argue that you'd see even less information given to potential customers from the likes of Apple, video game developers (at least console games), and the entertainment/movie industry (among others). Granted, it's usually in the best interest of a company to keep people updated from time to time, but sometimes it's best to just keep things quiet until there's something significant to share. Believe me - there's a ton of cool information that will be shared about this project later. Just be patient for now.

Kyle Rodgers

Isn't it also a secret project, and that's why information is spares? Can't revile too much...

Waiting is frustrating, but the reward of waiting is so much better when the news finally is there.

Stian Beinset

ENML

Isn't it also a secret project, and that's why information is spares? Can't revile too much...

Waiting is frustrating, but the reward of waiting is so much better when the news finally is there.

Exactly.

Kyle Rodgers

"It’s like going to the Bakery Store that has the best bread in town, upon entering the Store you are briefly acknowledged by the baker, the baker informs you the bread is not ready but will update you once he has news; So! there you are; waiting; waiting and waiting for what seems like an eternity for an update, meanwhile the baker is providing constant updates to another customer waiting in line just like you; why; because that customer may purchase more bread that you"?

Sometimes; simply acknowledging a customer whether you have an update to share or not can greatly defuse what could otherwise escalate into a verbal confrontation and cultivating ill will.

On the opposite side: If you don’t feel appreciated as a potential customer, then don’t go to that Store, despite how good the bread maybe; it’s that simple.

PMDG did say they will provide an update whenever they have something to share, so; if PMDG hasn’t provide an update in months, then they may simple have no new information to share. 

I guess when they have some info to share with us they will. Plenty of other things to do while we wait :)

Barry Hicks

From EGFF to YSSY

I don't understand why people are still developing for FSX.

Franky Slipcoe 

Because it has a large user base I would guess why else?

Barry Hicks

From EGFF to YSSY

Yes for now, but as soon as PMDG release for X-plane you'll see a massive switch. No more CTD's!! The HD freeware scenery is incredible currently so god only knows what these guys can do!

Franky Slipcoe