Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Traffic Optimizer for FSX/P3D

I am testing it at KJFK for the moment. 100% airline, 75% AI density. Started a flight at 12:45 pm.

Without ATM: 525 objects | 20-22 FPS

With ATM: 230 objects | 27-28 FPS

It's a keeper!

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Since this is FSUIPC based, it could probably be made to work in FS9 easily enough... Methinks anyway. Has anyone tested it there? I'm curious to know, for that is my Sim.

I am testing it at KJFK for the moment. 100% airline, 75% AI density. Started a flight at 12:45 pm.

Without ATM: 525 objects | 20-22 FPS

With ATM: 230 objects | 27-28 FPS

It's a keeper!

Same here. I just tested @ FSDT KORD with the same AI setting, and I am getting 30fps with the NGX. I am also using AICULL, and VAS is not dropping, and is stable. Never could do that with 100% ai setting

So with AICull and Traffic optimizer, it has changed they way we use AI. Brilliant!!

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I can't wait until someone requests that the TO be made to work in XP10, Flight and Outerra. :rolleyes:

Thank you, works very nicely. I'd call it Traffic Reducer as it seems to throttle your AI traffic more than optimize it, but overall does a good job of keeping the traffic around the jet to something manageable.

Thank you for a nice piece of software and thank you for making it free. I appreciate people who are still in this for the hobby.

So, it theory, I can just bump the traffic up to 100% and use this utility?

Yes.

Thank you, works very nicely. I'd call it Traffic Reducer as it seems to throttle your AI traffic more than optimize it, but overall does a good job of keeping the traffic around the jet to something manageable.

Thank you for a nice piece of software and thank you for making it free. I appreciate people who are still in this for the hobby.

Welcome. The name is bit ambitious, maybe something more in the future. For now I am almost done with this.

I can't wait until someone requests that the TO be made to work in XP10, Flight and Outerra. :rolleyes:

I am safe I think :rolleyes: , no simconnect in those.

I am assuming that this utility helps only with FPS and not VAS? So far it has done nothing for VAS.

It does help VAS. I landed in FSDT KORD with 1.5GB free VAS. But I do use TO with AI Cull

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I am assuming that this utility helps only with FPS and not VAS? So far it has done nothing for VAS.

It does help VAS. I landed in FSDT KORD with 1.5GB free VAS. But I do use TO with AI Cull

There should be some effect, though I am not sure if its substantial. The biggest problem was CPU usage with many AI planes, visible or not visible, which affected FPS.

This is a great idea duke, thanks for the contribution.

I was thinking, maybe as an alternative to the origin-destination airport thing, you could add direction of the AI plane into the mix to help mitigate the traffic disappearing issue.

Inbound A/C, headed to you would take preference over those flying away from you. Not sure if this would add too much processing overhead. Calculating the heading for each AI a/c would probably be far too much, but maybe using the distance differential to your current position could do the trick. Keeping the previous distance to your plane, if the next distance sample is bigger and the A/I a/c is far enough, it might be safe to delete 

Barring steep direction changes typical in some SID's and STAR's, I guess it could work well enough. Not sure though. If this is a problem extra logic could be added (planes on climb/descent excluded from deletion) but it would still be just a partial solution so...

Just an idea, it's already great as it is

Just wanted to say thank you for this great software. Just downloaded the latest version for FSX and noticed that it says connected to P3D, is this correct?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Hello, i am little bit confused.

Can I use the traffic optimizer from Page 1 with P3d? I ask this because the content of the file is little bit different than from the p3d topic.

In this package there is no "LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.dll"

Just wanted to say thank you for this great software. Just downloaded the latest version for FSX and noticed that it says connected to P3D, is this correct?

Need to fix the message, rest is fine..

Hello, i am little bit confused.

Can I use the traffic optimizer from Page 1 with P3d? I ask this because the content of the file is little bit different than from the p3d topic.

In this package there is no "LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.dll"

Yes, page 1 link is correct for FSX, the "LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.dll" is not needed for FSX. (In fact I think not needed even for P3D).