Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Traffic Optimizer for FSX/P3D

It's possible you might need to install simconnect: 10.0.61242.0, build: 10.0.61355.0

With FSX-SE and P3Dv2 we have to install the legacy simconnect 61242 before installing many addons originally built for FSX. Unfortunately FSX-SE only installs 62613 and 61259, and P3D only installs 1.0.20.0

The reason many addons went for 61242 is because it works on FSX Installations even if they've not installed SP2 or Acceleration.

In FSX-SE look in the sdk\legacy folder for simconnect .msi and same for P3Dv2.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

\x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_none_e079b46b85043c20\simconnect.dll
File version: 10.0.61355.0

It's possible you might need to install simconnect: 10.0.61242.0, build: 10.0.61355.0

With FSX-SE and P3Dv2 we have to install the legacy simconnect 61242 before installing many addons originally built for FSX. Unfortunately FSX-SE only installs 62613 and 61259, and P3D only installs 1.0.20.0

The reason many addons went for 61242 is because it works on FSX Installations even if they've not installed SP2 or Acceleration.

In FSX-SE look in the sdk\legacy folder for simconnect .msi and same for P3Dv2.

I'm missing that file, where can I find that if I don't have FSX on my machine?

Jim

Jim Vasto

Mine is running on FSX:MS but running same issue too. Still couldn't figure out what went wrong. Any idea why I keep getting this error?

> Failed to connect - System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
   at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect..ctor(String szName, IntPtr hWnd, UInt32 UserEventWin32, WaitHandle hEventHandle, UInt32 ConfigIndex)
   at AirTrafficManager.Main.openConnection()

Thank you

I still experience this issue though, any idea?

Thank you

I'm so glad I discovered Air Traffic Manager, it's amazing, works Really well.  I can't believe it's not a paid program.  Please do not stop developing this, I'm running it with P3D v2.5, love it.  Keep up the great work !

for those of you struggling to make this work with FSX:SE, I can confirm that by following SteveW's advice to install simconnect 10.0.61242.0, I was able to get the program running again.

BTW, if you have FSX:SE installed, the Simconnect.msi executable to install 10.0.61242.0 shoul be located at FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-SP1 in your FSX folder.

Any news on whether this can be installed into P3D v3?

It's a really great little utility, so I really hope that development continues.

Works fine with v3. Make sure simconnect are installed.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Maurice,

I have all simconnects installed. The program opens, but doesn't show any data. Any ideas?

Thanks

Can someone send me this software, link is dead.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I just checked. The link still works. Maybe you should try either a different browser or app to download it.

Ok thanks got it but no instructions, no readme text, not sure how to connect or point software to my flight sim?

Got a long list of unhandeld exceptions. I do have the latest FSUIPC and have all simconnects installed. 

How did you get it working? I also have all simconnects installed but it still will not work. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

The sim must be running, before you run the TO. I would run the TO as an administrator, but I doubt that this is your problem.

As a test, start with the default flight. When you have all the scenery loaded and the aircraft is sitting on the runway, then pause the sim and run the TO. See if that approach works. The TO only needs SimConnect to work properly. The TO will "find" the sim's AI traffic.

The TO user interface is self-explanatory (cough, cough). If you have any questions about the various settings, post again. Someone will answer your questions. One thing that I've noticed about this app. Some people just can't get it to work, no matter what they do. After all, it's freeware and it hasn't been updated in a good while. That's unfortunate, but true.

In case anyone using FSX-SE is still unable to use this due to an error message: I finally managed to get in touch with the creator of this amazing tool, and he made a new version for FSX-SE users that uses the FSX-SE simconnect instead of the SP1 one. It works for me (finally!) and hopefully for you too.

Here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/d6b10dn3mqkc70h/AirTrafficManagerFSXSE_Radar.zip

I want to thank the utility's creator again, both for making such a fantastic app in the first place and his patient attempts to help out. I'm deeply grateful!

James