Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Traffic Optimizer for FSX/P3D

Pete, I think the difference is you are running it on a client PC, in which case AM runs fine on Simconnect 61242. We are running AM on a single system with FSXSE installed where AM apparently needs 62615 to run. Probably because  it is superseding 61242 being it's more current.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Pete, I think the difference is you are running it on a client PC, in which case AM runs fine on Simconnect 61242. We are running AM on a single system with FSXSE installed where AM apparently needs 62615 to run. Probably because  it is superseding 61242 being it's more current.

But the version I referred to is compiled against 61242, hence the manifest. It doesn't know or care whether it is on the same PC as FS or not. The link to SimConnect works identically. I should know, I helped Microsoft make SimConnect and have been involved with it since early 2005.

FSUIPC, by contrast, is not compiled against any particular version and uses the latest one it can find of the ones it knows. I long ago abandoned the awful Windows Side-by-Side library system and went for direct linking.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Did it this way (using P3Dv3.2) and it's working now:

1. Install SimConnect v10.0.63315.0 from here
    Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi
  2. Used the Download linked as "Best answer" (AirTrafficManagerFSX-P3D Radar.zip) v1.9.1.3

Works like a charm...  :Tounge:

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

Interesting tool, I was having the 'issue' that above busy airports there was a nice amount of traffic (slider set to 35-40), but flying in little less busy area's almost no AI traffic at all. So I was searching the possibility to make a program that changes the traffic density slider on the fly. And then I found this thread. Deleting AI traffic is also an option....

Definitely going to give this a go, thanks!

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

Mine is running on FSX:MS but running same issue too. Still couldn't figure out what went wrong. Any idea why I keep getting this error?

> Failed to connect - System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
   at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect..ctor(String szName, IntPtr hWnd, UInt32 UserEventWin32, WaitHandle hEventHandle, UInt32 ConfigIndex)
   at AirTrafficManager.Main.openConnection()

Thank you

I got this error message too. I installed several versions of simconnect, all with the same result. My specs: Win10 64bit, P3D v3.2 - both fresh installed.

Any idea how I can fix it?

Greetings Andrew Bowler

Andre and anyone else getting the system.runtime errors as above, try this.

Make sure you have SimConnect installed. I initially installed all of them in my Prepar3D folder trying to get it to work without success.

Now install the latest FSUIPC from here... http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

I downloaded this and installed. All now working as intended!

Hoping this will help others having problems.

Hello guys,

I am completely new to P3D and would like to enhance my simulation experience using this tool which sounds very useful.

Unfortunately I can't get it working. After unzipping the contents, and start the sim, double clicking doesn't do anything, in the task manager the exe appear for 1 second and then disappear and the program does not start. I am running P3Dv3 on windows 10 64bits. NET frameworks 4.6, simconnect dll and FSUIPC are installed.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Maxime.

Maxime
TOGA projects

Maximew,

See the posts by stripealipe and Capt. PERO , directly above your post. The Air Traffic Manager needs the correct version of SimConnect installed, which may or may not be present on your system depending on both how you installed P3d and what other 3rd party addons are installed. Look through this thread a bit more. The various SimConnect installers are located at:

<drive>:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface

or wherever your main P3d folder is. Here's what the author's blog has to say about installing the ATM into various flight sim versions:

http://thingsrandom2014.blogspot.com/2016/05/various-versions-of-traffic-optimizer.html?m=1

Also, to everyone else,

The radar map function appears to be flaky to me at certain zoom levels, mostly because Mapquest discontinued direct tile access to OpenStreetMap tiles on 7/11/2016. I think that the problem stems from the fact that the Air Traffic Manager used to download and save OpenStreetMap tiles to its Tile Cache folder, but any new install won't do so. I am running version 1.9.1.4 of the ATM.

Jay

Hi,

Anyone knows how to disable the console display or totaly hide the window? I use the latest 1.9.1.4 version with Fsx Acceleration in full screen mode and sometime, with MJC Dash8 for example, it seems that Air Traffic Manager looses its Fsx connection and reconnect automaticaly. In this case Air Traffic Manager window gets the focus even if minimized and my Fsx fullscreen is closed to be minimized to the taskbar.

PS: My Air traffic Maanger is launched by a FSUIPC program entry : Runif4=HIDE,CLOSE,......AirTrafficManager.exe

Skip.

I love this little tool!

But on my new PC I get an Application Error and the program doesn't start. Any clues?

It is not related to my AV Program.

Anwendung: AirTrafficManager.exe
Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319
Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet.
Ausnahmeinformationen: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
   bei AirTrafficManager.Main..ctor()

Ausnahmeinformationen: System.InvalidOperationException
   bei AirTrafficManager.My.MyProject+MyForms.Create__Instance__[[system.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.__Canon)
   bei AirTrafficManager.My.MyApplication.MyApplication_UnhandledException(System.Object, Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs)
   bei Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.raise_UnhandledException(System.Object, Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs)
   bei Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnUnhandledException(Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs)
   bei Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()
   bei Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(System.String[])
   bei AirTrafficManager.My.MyApplication.Main(System.String[])

I think this issue has been discussed over and over and over in this thread already, so doing some research will most likely lead to a solution.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

ATM (v 1.9.1.4) runs and works perfectly on my Windows 10 Pro x64 installation.

All I have installed is Net Framework 4.5.1 (Multi-Targeting), 4.6.1 (Targeting Pack), Visual C++ redistributables in x86 and x64 flavor from 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2015 and all SimConnect releases from FSX RTM to SE.

If your installation used to work, but suddenly stopped without your intervention, check your OS update history and your security software for overzealous malware detection rules.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I reinstalled all simconnect version - everything works good, exept the Traffic Optimizer.

I reinstalled all Visual C++ Versions 2005-2015

I cannot reinstall Net.Framework - Win10 x64 says: this is a part of Win 10

I tryed the Net.Framework repair tool - no effect.

This says the Win eventviewer:

Application: AirTrafficManager.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Xml.XmlException
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(System.Exception)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(System.String, System.String[])
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Skip()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Skip()
   at System.Configuration.XmlUtil.StrictSkipToNextElement(System.Configuration.ExceptionAction)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(System.Configuration.XmlUtil, System.String, Boolean, System.String, System.Configuration.OverrideModeSetting, Boolean)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(System.Configuration.XmlUtil, System.String, Boolean, System.String, System.Configuration.OverrideModeSetting, Boolean)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSections(System.Configuration.XmlUtil)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()

Exception Info: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException
   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfInitErrors()
   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(System.Object, System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigEventArgs)

Exception Info: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException
   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.PrepareConfigSystem()
   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.RefreshSection(System.String)
   at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(System.String, Boolean)
   at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(System.Configuration.SettingsContext, System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyCollection)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(System.Configuration.SettingsProvider)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(System.String)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(System.String)
   at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(System.String)
   at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(System.String)
   at AirTrafficManager.My.MySettings.get_TargetBoats()
   at AirTrafficManager.Main.InitializeComponent()
   at AirTrafficManager.Main..ctor()

Exception Info: System.InvalidOperationException
   at AirTrafficManager.My.MyProject+MyForms.Create__Instance__[[system.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.__Canon)
   at AirTrafficManager.My.MyApplication.MyApplication_UnhandledException(System.Object, Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.raise_UnhandledException(System.Object, Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnUnhandledException(Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(System.String[])
   at AirTrafficManager.My.MyApplication.Main(System.String[])

Greetings Andrew Bowler