Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

Possible to show saved flight as static AI?

Hello dear simmers,

one thing I wonder about several weeks now but haven't found a solution is, if it is possible to generate from a saved flight file (e.g. a PMDG 737 saved at Frankfurt) a kind of AI static aircraft, so in the end if I enter Frankfurt with another addon, I can see my parked 737 there.

I think the idea is great (beside maybe performance, but thats another discussion). Think would be great to taxi along an airport and see then my parked addons there.

Any ideas if this is possible? (in a practical way?)

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a really intriguing question Guenter. My first WAG would be to take the .mdl file for your aircraft and use it as a library object which could be placed at any location by one of the standard methods like Whisplacer or the FSX Object Placement Tool.

However, that might be too complex of a model for a static object and create a huge frame rate penalty.

Your best bet is to ask an expert over at fsdeveloper.com, specifically Arno Gerretsen in the scenery design forum.

Let us know what you find.

John

Ideal Flight 10 will save your parked aircraft position. Load up that airport or field or river, where ever you left it, and it will be there! :)