Sign in to follow this  
Papifly

Building disappeared with PMDG 777-300ER

Hello Everyone!

I am an user of PMDG 777-300ER. I get an issue about some airport buidling which disappear sometimes in area after a flight. Do you know the reason of that? I guest it's about the graphism performance issues. Below you will find my pc spec:

-Intel Core i7 4790 8x4.0GHz Turbo -16Go DDR3-1600 Kingston -120Go SSD+1000Go SATA3 -nVidia GeForce GTX 750Ti 2Go -DVDRW + Son 7.1 + LAN 10/100/100 -Boîtier Gamer SIRIUS 600Watts

"Some building which disappear sometimes?"  I'm not sure if this means the terminal building at your parking location or the ILS shack out by the runway.... default scenery or add-on scenery... disappear and not reappear... sometimes not disappear??? So many questions. Most of the time, objects displayed depend on level of complexity  for scenery, which is a setting in FSX and has very little to do with which aircraft you select.

Dan Downs KCRP

Airports that use couatl engine aka FSDT and Flightbeam, maybe?

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Hej

I also have this issue and Johnny19 is correct in saying the affected airports are 'couatl' engine (FSDT etc).

I have found landing at such airports during dawn or dusk will reduce (or totally remove) buildings. I guess it is the load on the graphics card? Though my GC is up to date and has lots of memory.

Kim

Kim, it is the well known issue with the couatl engine, nothing new really. Sometimes airports work great, sometimes half of the buildings are missing. I just browse throught the ai traffic around the gates and they show up. (if i am at the gate)

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Or you can try restarting the couatl engine... that usually works.

Dan Downs KCRP

If they are non-FSDT/FB airports it's likely a graphics issue. I'm not sure what exactly, but the PMDG plane is very demanding so it's probably graphics issues.

I had a wonderfully performing FSX with 777 system and that was without ANY tweaks in the FSX.cfg! (I was experimenting how good FSX performs without any tweaks)

When I bought and installed Drzewiecki New York Airports X, I noticed that it had added the HIGHMEMFIX=1 line to the FSX.cfg.

So I took it out again......(as I wanted to experiment with an untweaked .cfg)......and immediately the whole KJFK airport was empty.....not a single building, and my 777 chamged to a skeleton.

So I dropped that line in there again and all has been fine since.

So maybe.....if you do not have that line yet, I guess you could try putting that in.

I can't check where it goes right now as I am not at home......but I think it should be inserted under [Graphics]......maybe someone can confirm?

I am actually just about to buy some FSDT airports.

Have not done so in the past because I was afraid of the couatl engine.

So I went through a long long thread about it and I think I understand it better now.

Well enough to feel I can use it without ruining my FSX system anyway.

But I have never heard of buildings dissapearing unless you are in demo mode.

So what you guys are talking about, is that a well known bug or is the user doing something wrong, like not allowing the addon manager to update, or using too high Autogen settings for example?

Can you guys give me some info or a link to where I can read about this bug (if it is a bug)?

Rob Robson

Can you guys give me some info or a link to where I can read about this bug (if it is a bug)?

I'm not aware of any bug. I always let couatl update and never had a problem. True, on initial load it may take 10-20 sec for the terminal building to render but I'm still waiting for the PMDG aircraft to count down from 20.  I love the FSDT products and have GSX, KJFK KDFW KIAH KORD KLAS and PHNL. I wouldn't hesitate to add to that list either.

Dan Downs KCRP

I had the issue with the T7F (PMDG TNT) at OERK (Riyadh) on the cargo apron C, stand C4 (RW), nose in parking. The cargo building disappeared from inside the VC view and in external view depending on the view point.  :wacko:

EDIT: FSX standard scenery (airport), but with ORBX Global Base + Vector

Edited by vr-pilot

Make sure to put

HIGHMEMFIX=1

STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=2147483647

under the [GRAPHICS] section

Fixed all scenery problems for me

Best Regards

Orcun Günaytekin

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Make sure to put

HIGHMEMFIX=1

Adding also the STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD variable to my FSX config did not stop the standard scenery buildings from being turned on and off.

Test yourself:

FSX location/time/aircraft: OERK, Parking 22 cargo / day / Trike Ultralight

From within the VC and the outside views the big cargo building and other adjacent smaller/flatter buildings disappear, depending on the viewdirection/viewpoint.

This also happens in tower view when increasing the zoom factor from 2.00 to 3.0 (exactly at 2.73).

I have never seen this before. :blink:

FSDT COUATL engine, removed it, even though I had LSZH installed, seem to cause more problems then its worth.

I had the issue with the T7F (PMDG TNT) at OERK (Riyadh) on the cargo apron C, stand C4 (RW), nose in parking. The cargo building disappeared from inside the VC view and in external view depending on the view point. :wacko:

EDIT: FSX standard scenery (airport), but with ORBX Global Base + Vector

Theres a freeware version of OERK by Fsnabisso,great scenery...Inline with the Payware Armi Project Scenery I think. PM I will zip it and send if you want, as it may not be readily available.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Make sure to put

HIGHMEMFIX=1

under the [GRAPHICS] section

Fixed all scenery problems for me

Best Regards

After several years of use of FSX, this is the first time I have ever even heard of this Stale_bla bla bla tweak!

And I have read A LOT about FSX.....more than most I can assure you.........as in years and years of old posts to build up some knowledge!

Clearly I do not know everything, but if I have learned two things from all this reading then it is that

1) if an addon needs silly/magical tweaks..........then I will not install it!

2) More often than not however.......the addon does not need the tweak, but the user needs to install and set things things up correctly!

Rob Robson