Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

Captsim C-130 Video

Guest monsoon

thats looks nice. lets see how many bugs.hopefully none

That particular video has been out for a year now, I think most people have seen it. Yes it does look awesome.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest Lobaeux4

Looks nice, I just hope they get the systems down pat. I wasn't very impressed with the cockpit, it's nice, but WAY too clean, way too 'perfect', I don't think there's a C-130 flying that looks the way that cockpit does.Nice, just hope it's more than eye candy.

Guest panda234

Eye candy? From CS? Surely you're joking. These are the guys with the best reputation in the business for delivering what they say they're going to deliver. Don't you read the boards?billg

Guest Lobaeux4

Haha!Hey, just watched the video again. SPOILERS!!!!! You've got to be kidding me. Tell me there's an flight engineer somewheres helping them with this. Those "spoilers" are the Air Deflector Doors for the Paratroop Doors, LOL. AND, I think the Coastie C-130 was going a little faster than 150KIAS when he deployed the "spoiler".I know people make mistakes, but come on, a C-130 with spoilers, haha.

They say it's in beta testing. From what has been said on the boards from some beta testers is that they report bugs and then the bugs dont get fixed. I figure they should just release it let the paying customers beta test it (a la 707) dont fix the bugs and then disappear for a while and then release another product. Seems to have worked well for them so far.:-mad

Guest Ridge_Runner_5

>Please guy's, let's not turn this into a flaming postBut yes, that video came out a month or so before the Avsim convention last year...

Guest panda234

Hmmm, I jumped a few times, and I don't want a reflector whatever in my face next time. billg

Guest Captain Sim

>I know people make mistakes, but come on, a C-130 with>spoilers, haha.1. Yes, that's one year old Alpha video2. The "Air Deflector Doors" topic has been beaten to death several times. We DO know those are Air Deflector Doors and now they work right.3. The Herk is not out for Beta testing yet, so any comments on "some beta testers" sounds strange. http://www.captainsim.net/pix/avsim_forum.gifwww.captainsim.com

Guest allcott

Ooh good! They're reading the forums.So when is the 707 getting patched? And the forums opened? And why are you showing alpha videos of a product which is clearly and by your own admission incorrect, yet issuing press releases telling everyone it's `almost` in beta? I'm sure we are all most looking forward to your reply.Allcott

Guest Lobaeux4

Okay, okay, I can buy the fact that the video is old, therefore, I'll let the spoilers thing go. I just thought it was really funny, 'course I never saw it debated around at all, but that doesn't mean anything.Obviously, judgement on the aircraft will have to be delayed until the aircraft is released, but there's nothing wrong with criticism, mocking or otherwise for a payware aircraft in beta!! If there were, people would never release shots of anything in beta, and then how would you know something was wrong with it?

Guest allcott

Of course, it would help if they didn't try to give the impression that the video was new!And the spoilers thing was debated in the Captain Sim forums over a year ago. The forums that were later deleted by the developer because they didn't like what they were reading - mainly about the abysmal state of the 707. Which they still havent patched to a useable configuration. It looks lovely though, just like the Herc.I will think long and hard before I invest any more money in what I call `shadow` developers - big name, big presence then one day - whoosh! - they disappear back into the shadows, leaving customers in the lurch with threats and accusations. It's all very well saying don't turn this into a flame war, but CS have a LONG way to travel to recover their lost reputation in many simmers eyes - and we won't get fooled again, no matter how pretty the year-old videos are.Allcott

Guest Captain Sim PR

>Of course, it would help if they didn't try to give the>impression that the video was new!Actually we didn't. Why did you think so?>And the spoilers thing was debated in the Captain Sim forums>over a year ago. The forums that were later deleted by the>developer because they didn't like what they were reading ->mainly about the abysmal state of the 707. The forum was not deleted. Many people know about hackers attack on PHBB forums in November-December, and we were not an exception.You all have great places to talk about everything you like. And we have opened new site with new features and keep improving it to provide all our customers with support and feedback. There is the section "Share Tips and Tricks" where you can post them, we will check them and publish for everybody. You can ask question, read FAQ section, etc.,etc.>>I will think long and hard before I invest any more money in>what I call `shadow` developers - big name, big presence then>one day - whoosh! - they disappear back into the shadows,>leaving customers in the lurch with threats and accusations.Everybody is welcome to our Support Section http://www.captainsim.com/support/, nobody will be left without attention.

>You all have great places to talk about everything you like.>And we have opened new site with new features and keep>improving it to provide all our customers with support and>feedback. There is the section "Share Tips and Tricks" where>you can post them, we will check them and publish for>everybody. You can ask question, read FAQ section, etc.,etc.I appreciate the new CS site. But in the mentioned "Share Tips and Tricks" section I can only post some text. And it's up to CS whether to publis it or not. There is no chance to answer to posts of other board members. At least I didn't find any. That means to me there will be no customer to customer support, a commonly great resource of information. And you will hardly find any critical statement published. I'm a satisfied owner of the CS727 and I was about to buy the 707. But I was hold off by all that problems I read about. I understand that CS don't want such posts and I'm sure that there are always a few guys they will never know what fair comments are. But to withdraw any opportunity to publish one customers opinion without censorship seems to me that CS really has something to hide. Look at the PMDG forum. You will see that it is not free of criticism. IMHO PMDG and CS are both great developers, but PMDG has a much better overall standing in the public than CS. I think, it's not only a matter of product quality but also a matter of treatment. But, once again, this is only my personal opinion.Regards from Germany, Tom.