Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

Captsim C-130 Video

Guest Captain Sim

Let's clarify the terminology, "support" and "forum" are quite different things: 1. If you are looking for SUPPORT, please just use this Support System: http://www.captainsim.com/cgi-bin/kb.pl. It is proved to be way more effective and convenient place to get a support than browsing through a mix of thousands alike topics/postings on forums. 2. If you are willing to HELP OTHERS, share some Tips and Tricks - please use this section: http://www.captainsim.com/cgi-bin/kb.pl?action=share 3. If you would like to take part in our Contests, Polls, Surveys - please use this section: http://www.captainsim.com/user/wap.html 4. If you are looking for Captain Sim news, announcements, previews etc - they are availble at out our web site. 5. If you would like to talk to Captain Sim team members please use this page: http://www.captainsim.com/company/contact.html 6. If you need a community place, place TO TALK, to share your experience - please use any of your favorite forums. We do not have such a forum because we are not sure if our customers really need one. But if we receive enough requests to open "Captain Sim Community forum", we will open one.http://www.captainsim.net/pix/avsim_forum.gifwww.captainsim.com

Guest allcott

So, still no word on when the 707 is getting patched then? Lots of `spin` from the PR guy, lots of look at what we DO have from the developer, but lets look at what you don't have:1: A usable 7072: A released Herc3: An open and honest forum for the free and frank discussion of the products.or4: A straight answer to a straight questionNow, which of those were you not aware of from reading forums such as this over the last year?Is it just me, or does this `divide and conquer` routine smack of the worst excesses of politicians, desperate for re-election? Never a straight answer to a straight question, just more PR spin: It is OBVIOUS that CS customers want a forum. It is now equally OBVIOUS CS are afraid/unwilling to provide one. Everything from CS is `coming soon`, so until that `coming soon` becomes `here and now - and tested` my money and thatof most other simmers won't be coming until much later. There's no doubt CS have a core of talented developers - their visuals are consistently stunning - but EVERYTHING else about that company consistently lets the side down, and I don't know how much clearer we can make it before CS realises that they have to provide what the customer wants, not what they want to provide the customer with. Anyway, the Herc may be on my shopping list, when CS have released the second or third patch for it, when there is a genuine forum to support it, not a bunch of tricky-arse FAQ's and when it's been reviewed by several simmers sites as worthy of the transaction.I said I wouldn't involve myself with CS ever again, but if those terms ARE met, then it shows CS that all may not be lost. Good luck CS.Allcott

>So, still no word on when the 707 is getting patched then?>Lots of `spin` from the PR guy, lots of look at what we DO>have from the developer, but lets look at what you don't>have:>1: A usable 707>2: A released Herc>3: An open and honest forum for the free and frank discussion>of the products.>or>4: A straight answer to a straight question>>Now, which of those were you not aware of from reading forums>such as this over the last year?>>Is it just me, or does this `divide and conquer` routine smack>of the worst excesses of politicians, desperate for>re-election? Never a straight answer to a straight question,>just more PR spin: It is OBVIOUS that CS customers want a>forum. It is now equally OBVIOUS CS are afraid/unwilling to>provide one. >Everything from CS is `coming soon`, so until that `coming>soon` becomes `here and now - and tested` my money and thatof>most other simmers won't be coming until much later. There's>no doubt CS have a core of talented developers - their visuals>are consistently stunning - but EVERYTHING else about that>company consistently lets the side down, and I don't know how>much clearer we can make it before CS realises that they have>to provide what the customer wants, not what they want to>provide the customer with. I'll second every word. I for myself will stop buying anything from CS until they are willing to provide an open platform for discussion as they had with their old forum. And I'll do the same with PSS. To make it clear, I like the products of CS as well as of PSS, but it seems to me their kind of censorship will lengthen an bugfix/upgrade process compared to the companies without such restrictions. And I don't like to fight for customer rights other developers/companies take for granted. Therefore at the moment I will stick with PMDG/LDS/RFP/DF.Regards, Tom.

Guest tooohip

Your reasons for no forum are just hogwash. I'm soo sorry I sent CS my money for the 707 and to see them still coming out here ignoring all requests for a useable product that we paid for is insulting.I'd advise everyone avoid Captain Sim if you don't want a bunch of B.S. aircraft that look good parked but once the parking brake is released, look out.I really wish I could be positive here on this subject but that is an impossibility when dealing with Captain Sim.

Guest allcott

Again, I don't know how much clearer we can possibly be for CS to realise what is needed. For all that, it is refreshing to see a thread discussing them that hasn't yet dropped into the usual slagging. We all agree there are positives, but that they are outweighed by the negatives. So there is your challenge CS. Stop wasting your time on a Herc many want but no-one will buy and fix the REAL issues first.Allcott

I'll be in line to get the Herc the day its released. My faith in Captain Sim remains sturdy as ever. What exactly is the complaint with the 707? Mine works fine? It looks good, flys well (albeit with minor bugs, but it remains workable), and I use it for plenty of successful long-haul flights worldwide, coupled with the CIVA INS. I also own and fly regularly the CS Starfighter, Mig, 727, and I even enjoy some fun in the Yak quite regularly.I hope that the CS team realises that not everyone is dissatisfied with their products.Keep working Captain Sim, and rest assured your efforts are appreciated in some quarters.

Guest panda234

that was a plural that on these boards dosn't count. You seem to make it seem that there is more than one happy customer, and, as far as I can see, you are it. Good for you. I'm happy for you. Later...billg

He's just stating his opinion, just as you have before, why do you have to be condescending?Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Oh well.. I'm really looking forward to the Herc, for as long as it's been announced now.I'm sorry to hear people having problems with their hard-cash-paid products and still hope, for them, that they get solved. And I can fully understand their point of view for being careful next time! And being grim for their still unsolved problems.For me, not a current CS customer, yet (while having dozens of other current- and past released paid planes), that leaves me two options:#1. Look at what others have to say and base my buy on their experiences.#2. Buy, and hope for the best.Personally, I already desided to pick #2.As I said, I really look forward to a great Herc and I hope the CS one will be all that.If it needs a patch, which ALWAYS remains to be seen, than I hope there will be one... or two.. or whatever is needed!I do know one thing with absolute certainty though: if nobody buys that Herc, than, if needed, there surely won't EVER be a patch!just my two cents..StormChaser

I have their 727 and their 707, their 727 is awesome infact I believe that Avsim reviewed it and gave it 4 stars, but you may want to double check. Their 707 is perfectly flyable, but needs a little work as far as the fancy stuff like some of their electrical and pressurization systems and what not. They are definately one of the tier one developers, but like I said the 707 isn't up to the standards that they set with their other airplanes. Many people will swear by their Mig 21 and infact Avsim reviewed that as well. I'm in the same position you are, as far as I'm excited about the Herc, but hope it will be worth the wait.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD