Sign in to follow this  
NM5K

Time

Guest cseidel

My aircraft clock is always off by two hours from my computer clock, and I always have to go in and reset the aircraft clock. I have reset the aircraft clock and then saved the flight as my default flight but this has not helped. Is their some way to cure this?Chuck

Guest cseidel

Surely their is someone out their with a solution to this problem.Chuck

Chuck,It may be to do with the way you start FS2004. I suggest you load it so that the "Create Flight" screen is visible. That will show you your current system time adjusted for your time zone. For example I've just loaded FS2004 and Selected Time and Season shows 04/04/2005 19:22. GMT is one hour behind of British Summer Time.I see you're in Texas so by my reckoning you're 6 hours behind GMT. Where this 2 hours difference is coming from I don't know.You need to make a couple of changes...1. Load FS2004 and from the menu select Options / Settings / General. Ensure System Time is chosen. Now close FS2004.2. Open FS9.CFG and find the [sTARTUP] section. Enter or amend this line... SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN =1. Save and close FS9.CFG.When you next startup FS2004 you should be presented with the "Create Flight" screen and you can check the curent date/time and either load an existing light or create a new one. That should solve the problem.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest cseidel

I am in Texas in the central time zone. When I open FS9 the startup screen shows the same time which is displayed on my computer. The problem is the default airport is Seattle and the time their should be two hours earlier. If I move the aircraft to Houston, Texas the clock jumps ahead two hours and as a result is it is still two hours ahead of the actual time for that location.Chuck

Chuck,Did my suggestion below work? I can't reproduce your problem. Have you installed the 9.1 patch?Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest cseidel

I checked the cfg. file and I already have the line SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1. I am opening FS9 in the Create Flight screen. I realize at that point I can go in and change the time to the correct time but was hoping to find a cure for this problem and have FS9 operate the way it should. I am running ver. 9.1 and my OS is XP professional. Seems awfully strange that no matter what airport I go to in the world the clock in the aircraft (default or ad on) is two hours ahead of the time at the airport I am at. Guess I am just going to have to live with the inconvience.Thanks Chuck

I don't know if this is related, but I have time problems with every change from daylight to standard time, and visa versa...IE: we changed to daylight time, this past weekend. Now, windows seemed to change instantly...But...When I fired up the sim, I was still a 6 hour difference from GMT, which in daylight time, I should have dropped to a 5 hour difference. But it didn't.What I found to be the problem, is the time setup of the "startup" flight you use. IE: My previous startup flight was using "standard time". When I loaded the sim under the new daylight time, it would still use the old standard time offset from GMT. Now for the meat...How to fix...I think you could use the previous posted method and I think it'll work, but I have a 2nd solution, if you want to keep the same startup flight. What ya do is load the sim, using your normal "messed up" startup flight. Now, exit the sim, and in doing so, it will save that flight as the "previous flight". Now, go back and reload the sim again. Then, go into the flight menu,and load the "previous flight".You will see that you are in the same startup flight, but!!!, the timezone is now correct, as it relates to GMT. In the central time zone, you should see a 5 hour offset from GMT, in the summer, under daylight savings time. Now, after making sure all is actually fixed, save the flight as yournew startup flight. You can use the same flight name , and overwrite the same one you used...Now, all should be fixed. When you load the sim, the time should be correct. Myself, being as I run into this with every time change, I'm thinking about keeping both a winter, and summer, startup flight for my "home"airport...When we change back to standard this fall, I'll change my startup flight back to the winter version. MK

ChuckIt must be just you and I that have this problem. When I start FS in the Create screen, the local and GMT times are proper for my time zone (eastern). The airport is defaulted to Seattle. Somehow FS is thinking that my local time (EST) is Seattle's local time (PST). Hence if I move to the Atlanta airport the time jumps +3 hours. If you change the airport to a local one in your default situation this problem goes away (or at least it did for me).CheersHarry

>Hence if I move to the Atlanta airport the time jumps +3 hours. I mean +4 hoursHarry