Sign in to follow this  
gizmosellsbunnys

MSEv2 North Germany is missing tiles

Christiaan

I did not un-install Germany North. Just extracted the new installer 10 once it had downloaded, double clicked on it then made sure the path was correct to the Germany North folder, where all the other .bgl files had been installed, and the missing files were installed. Started up FSX, scenery files were updated automatically. Flew over the affected area and the VFR scenery was there. Job done.

Installed the up-date but no change, in add-remove programme the date was up-dated.

I did not use the MSE install programme which I used to install my sceneries to FSX.

The up-date was from the MSE site so maybe it has not been updated.

Downloaded the update, AG 24-36 for Germany North

Still missing

AB 22-24, 27-34 !!!, AC 27-29, AD 26,39,40.

Germany South

BH 24.

New York

AA 48-59, A 10-17, B 9-14, total 26 files.

Florida

AB 04-08, D 07.

Any finally

Switzerland

F 26,27, K 05, L 05,06, 22-25, M 15-18, N 12,14-19. ( 18 files)

I hope that PC Aviator/MSE will also checked these sceneries  and bring out an up-date.

Mw first preference scenery for a fix is Switzeland,

Hope my patience will be rewarded.

(P.S. Dean, Still waiting for Moderator clearance for the PC Aviator forum) otherwise I would have placed a topic there.)

The response is on page 1 of this thread :)

I posted several times about the update and then mentioned it was ready to download.

Glad the problem is solved.

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

Still no answer to my messages if anyone at PC Aviator/MSE have checked their files to see if tiles

are missing in the sceneries I have mentioned before they are uploaded to the sites which sell their

product.

Christiaan,

All our tiles appear to be there? The Germany North one was missing yes (and hence an update was issued)... but the others, all seem to be there, and no one else is reporting them missing 9and hence no update needed).

Can you do a search for all your hard drives for the term "MegaSceneryEarth" and let me know how many folder hits you get please, and the location of these folders?

Christiaan,

Probably more importantly, not every scenery has properly sequenced files. I.e. MSE scenery will often have groups of files that appear to be missing because it is not a continuous file naming sequence. Even though you may appear to be missing some in regard to actual filenames, you have to actually go into your flight simulator, take a top-down, zoomed out view, and then actually look if any areas are indeed still showing default scenery. Try that for Germany North to begin with, and then check the others you think have missing files... Actually look at the scenery and see if any areas are actually missing.

Feel free to post your top-down screenshots too :)

Dean

Have 5483 hits, but these include e-mails and everything with MSE in the title.

I have installed a new drive to save space on my FSX drive , the sceneries I have mentioned above are on this drive.

Others are still on the FSX drive, but I do not think this makes any difference.

I first notice that when I was at Lake Geneva in Switzerland part of the area near  the airport and some of the lake coastline was Ultimate terrain.

I then noticed missing sequence numbers  for example F25- then F28, I wondered where  number 26 & 27  had got to.

So I presumed that all the sceneries with missing numbers were incomplete.

I have just installed California, there are no missing  numbers  in a "Letter" series.

I do not know how to post a photo on this forum.

Hi again Christiaan,

Re Lake and the airport, what you are seeing there is perfectly normal, because the border of Switzerland and France runs right through that lake, and not far from the Airport either. So you only see the MSE Switzerland textures for the area that is actually Switzerland. Any French or Italian area will not have photoreal scenery provided by MSE, because these areas and not in Switzerland!

So you are likely not missing anything in Switzerland at all, and possibly nothing in the others. Just ignore the filename sequences. Check your actual scenery in your sim. If you have missing textures, or see default textures, and you are actually within the coverage area for the scenery title you have installed, then you might like to investigate further.

Dean

Thanks for your reply, I can see the logic in your explanation.

Only the number sequence comes over as very confusing.

It seems a pity that I have had to wait a month from  my first message to get this issue explained as you have done.