Sign in to follow this  
rufowler

bush plane recommendation

What about Tim 'Piglet' Conrad's freeware Pilatus PC-6 Porter ? As bush planes go, it's the bushiest.

Piglet is a talented guy and I've enjoyed many of his planes and while his Porter looked great, I was never happy with the way it flew.  I finally bought the FSD version.  It is better but I am anxiously awaiting Marcel Felde's new PC-6 from Aerosoft.  I think it will be on a par with the Twin Otter Extended.

Another vote for the Sibwings Bird Dog.

http://www.sibwings.com/birddog.php

Excellent visuals, VFR and IFR panels, wheels/skis/floats versions.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

... but I am anxiously awaiting Marcel Felde's new PC-6 from Aerosoft.  I think it will be on a par with the Twin Otter Extended.

Yes I hope Marcel's Porter comes to fruition. From the development shots, it looks superb. Unfortunately, I think he's had some health problems of late, so all the best to him.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Somehow I have never heard of the company Flight Replicas.  Looks intriguing.  Would def consider a classic Super Cub!  :)

Flight Replicas is essentially a one-man show (Mike Flahault) although I believe Bernt Stolle did the flight modeling for the Super Cub.  I bought it on sale last year and was very pleasantly surprised... it has excellent handling and the graphics are decent.  The bush package is currently available for around $18.

Ok, then here a +1 for Carenado Skymaster. :P

I turbo charged mine and with the extra power it's very nice aircraft op short strips.

Cheers!

Maarten

Wow, so many choice.  Thanks again for all the comments & suggestion.  Unfortunately my brain is hurtng a little bit, but in a good way.

You won't go wrong with any of the options given in this thread. The hard part is making that decision, and each of us has our own likes and dislikes. Sort of like buying your own car.

Yes, I'm definitely getting that sense!  ;)

All three RealAir taildraggers are fun to fly.. they are quite different, though

The Decathlon has no flaps, but is aerobatic - the Scout is the bush plane.

Do not worry about the age, they are brilliant!

No flaps! Woah.  =o   Is that typical of aerobatic planes?  Total 100% newbie in that department. 

I have most of the other aircraft that have been recommended in this thread and the RA Scout is the best of them, in my opionion of course. Considering that there are no less than three different models included, with several variants for the Scout, the value is outstanding. Flying the Decathlon is a blast!

So with all the praise about the Scout, I just checked out the site and it appears to be under $15!!!  That's some serious value for what seems to be a very well-loved option here.  I might  even justify getting a second aircraft.  If I do, I gotta say, the An-2 by SibWings is lookin' pretty nice.  Hmmm....

I have My most fun with Aerosoft's DHC-6 Twin Otter Extended as it is my favourite Bush plane in real life.

It is a Awesome add on and vary well done I'd expect nothing less from Aerosoft. It just holds a place in my hart since

it is just such a wonderful aircraft. When Off airport or on vary short and remote airstrips I look no further. It may be big

but that dose Not mean it isn't versatile. I would even go so far as to say it can out preform most smaller planes. When properly

Flown it will land and takeoff in shorter places then the default maul, C-208 or C-172. I haven't flown it but it will probably out preform the Coronado C-185 Bush.

I'v flown it from the Canadian North and The pacific Northwest to the Barren Antarctic. Its Expensive but its quality.

And Not that bad on frames either.  B)              P.S. Remember keep those Tundra Tires On

Beaver + Twin Otter . Just love them. One in X plane 10 and the other in FS9. A perfect aircraft for Alaska / Canada. 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Beaver + Twin Otter . Just love them. One in X plane 10 and the other in FS9. A perfect aircraft for Alaska / Canada. 

Yes you have to love the DHC classics.  :wub:

When I was in East Africa, all I seemed to see was Caravans and Twin Otters! Carenado make the definitive example and of course there is the Twin Otter from Aerosoft which I flew in. But I prefer the BN-2 Islander which flies like a dream and its engines don't catch fire if you stop watching the engine dials!! (There's a reason the engine fire extinguisher controls in the Otter are mounted right in your face in the cockpit!). 

engines don't catch fire if you stop watching the engine dials

You should try the PMDG J41, the engines catch fire if you look at them wrong.

Ian R Tyldesley

Ok, then here a +1 for Carenado Skymaster. :P

I turbo charged mine and with the extra power it's very nice aircraft op short strips.

I have the 185 also so how did you turbo charge yours?

Thanks

Rich