Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

Just installed the Majestic Dash 8Q 400 ...Question

So i gave up and bought the video training, FS2CREW and the Dash 8 B)  so i was wondering how you should load this airplane in P3D/FSX ?

Many different scenarios around but i use to have the trike in the menu in FSX and the default jet in P3D and then load aircrafts from the aircraft menu.

When i do so i get really strange sounds from the Dash 8 before loading a scenario departure airport . Dont know if this is normal ?.

Also dont know why they did not include a C&D state like ala the NGX so you dont have to save a flight in every airport you plan to departure from. Seems like alot of saved flights around the Globe which i dont need to do with the NGX. (FS2CREW C&D setup)

The NGX and 777 loads fine on top of the Trike in the FSX menu.

So my Q is basically :Can i load the Dash 8 just on top of the Trike as well and just ignore the strange sounds until the aircraft is loaded at my departure airport ?

Thanks in advance :-)

Btw, another thing

Like in FSX we sometimes neeeds to adjust the sliders for different flighttypes (vfr,ifr etc) Why is it that P3D/LM needs to load a departure airport before we can adjust these settings ? Not needed in FSX. 

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

What I do is this -

I started with the P3D default F22 flight - made it cold and dark. Switched to my default airport. Switched to my default aircraft - save flight as default.

Now, no matter WHERE I am going to fly, I first load my default flight - then load the flightplan and move to start location - then change a/c.

Haven't had an issue since doing it that way.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

When i do so i get really strange sounds from the Dash 8 before loading a scenario departure airport . Dont know if this is normal ?.

The sounds are perfectly normal.  It is just the aircraft initialising and going through system checks.

Sorry, I thought you were Dwight from "The Office" with the "Question" part.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

The sounds are perfectly normal. It is just the aircraft initialising and going through system checks.

Ok thanks.Then i can load on top of the F22 and the trike i guess in normal setup

with gpu on etc.

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

My default flight is the FSUIPC auto-save.  So, if I park and shut down somewhere then close P3D, the next time I load P3D I'm automatically right back at the same parking spot cold and dark.  If I want to change locations or planes, I do that from the menu and and I'll still be cold and dark.  I usually refuel and take right back off from the same spot, though, heading for my next destination.

If any switches or controls are out of the cold and dark position, it's because I screwed something up during the shutdown.  :P

There are four switches on the overhead panel labeled "batteries".  If you flip those off when the plane loads you will be in a cold and dark state  :wink: .  Also, the FSUIPC auto-save function has been known to cause problems with the Dash 8 in P3D.  I was having issues where the plane would suddenly stop during taxi or takeoff and I found a thread on the Majestic forums where a developer recommended to turn off the auto save in FSUIPC...solved my problem.

Ryan

Ryan

Btw, another thing

Like in FSX we sometimes neeeds to adjust the sliders for different flighttypes (vfr,ifr etc) Why is it that P3D/LM needs to load a departure airport before we can adjust these settings ? Not needed in FSX. 

You can save a slider configuration in the settings menu and name it "vfr" or "ifr" and then you can load that configuration on the "Create Scenario" screen.  I have the box checked to load the "Create Scenario" screen upon P3D startup.  You can then load your default flight and the settings you want to use from there before the sim loads.

Ryan

Ryan