Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

The Andes Mountains of Peru...wow....

I finally got South America coming up...and am flying from the coast of Peru, and headed for SVCJ (San Carlos), Venezuela.  The Andes...are so high...that to cross over them...I am at 17,500 ASL!!!  The mountains, even at this height, are only a thousand feet below me....incredible!

Got to get back into the plane.....and man...is it cold out there....lol. 

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/QLC

This is nuts!  Look at my altitude, so I can clear the mountains ahead of me....geez...lol.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/QLO

Look at the depth of the cloud shadow cast onto the Andes...as they are practically kissing that cloud!  Man, nothing could exist up here...and that is why even Global has it as basically barren....rock and tundra....snow, and tundra...

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/QLV

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/QLp

Well, admits thunder and lighting 2,000 feet below me...(great show)...I just cleared the Coastal Andes...on my way towards a landing at SVCJ...what a fabulous real-time flight this has been far....

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/QL9

Get yourself the free Terra Brasilis mesh for South America and then try Cuzco (SPZO), La Paz (SLLP), Sucre (SLSU). Aerosoft is coming up with a new package for Quito which includes the old (and challenging airport) as well as the new one. Great fun, specially with third party scenery

Get yourself the free Terra Brasilis mesh for South America and then try Cuzco (SPZO), La Paz (SLLP), Sucre (SLSU). Aerosoft is coming up with a new package for Quito which includes the old (and challenging airport) as well as the new one. Great fun, specially with third party scenery

I have Pilot's for custom mesh, and will check out the others...:)

Thanks!

Had a great flight...FL 200 to get over the coastal Andes!   Whew.....and the WIND, is wicked!

Post Edit:  During my flight, and closer to Venezuela, I flew over a ground graphic that I had never seen before...I wondered what it was suppose to represent..and then it struck me...tight tree tops...very dense, and closely packed crowns.......duh...the Tropical Rain Forest!  It was very cool to see...

Cool pics!  I'm with WR269 about the addons he mentioned.  Quito is definitely one of my favorite places to fly into.  Done it in real life 6 or 7 times as well.  The Andes are a great place to fly!

Orman

Cool pics!  I'm with WR269 about the addons he mentioned.  Quito is definitely one of my favorite places to fly into.  Done it in real life 6 or 7 times as well.  The Andes are a great place to fly!

They are CERTAINLY, the 'nose-bleed' section of town...lol.   FL200...are you kidding me?!?!?!?   LOL

Had fun flying over them...and the wind, from ASN, with ACCU-FEEL....geez.......I had to check all the rivets...upon landing.....(wink).

Had fun flying over them...and the wind, from ASN, with ACCU-FEEL....geez.......I had to check all the rivets...upon landing.....(wink).

Hi Mitch,

This may be a bit off subject but I see you fly the same 337 in P3D and X Plane - just interested in comparison of flight dynamic - thinking of buying for X Plane (as using it more than P3D at the moment due to stutter in P3D) - but would consider for P3D - but only one or the other - so any view would be appreciated.

cheers

Peter

I had the pleasure of flying over the real ones back on Christmas Eve in 1992.

It was the only time I've genuinely been scared while flying on a tubeliner. When the turbulence hit the steward flew and landed down the aisle, the turbulence continued for about 45 minutes straight. I remember watching the wing furiously bouncing up and down through my window and wondering how much that wing could take.

I'll never forget how scared I was.

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The Prepar3d General Forum" to "The AVSIM Screen Shots Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Hi Mitch,

This may be a bit off subject but I see you fly the same 337 in P3D and X Plane - just interested in comparison of flight dynamic - thinking of buying for X Plane (as using it more than P3D at the moment due to stutter in P3D) - but would consider for P3D - but only one or the other - so any view would be appreciated.

cheers

Peter

Hello Peter,

Well, please remember that this is only a personal opinion. They are rampant on AVSIM, with me being no exception, lol.   To your question,  you'd think that there was no difference from an offering (like Carenado) for across-platform aircraft files.  Well...Peter, there is...   The version of the SkyMaster C337 for Xplane, is simply superb.  There are features (perhaps BECAUSE of what can be done in Xplane...?!?) that are not seen in either FSX or P3D...for instance, if you open the left triangular drop-down window vent, in FSX or P3D, there is animation, but, you'd expect that you would hear the outside environment, right?   You'd hear greater loudness at the least, coming from the running engine.  You open that window from those two platforms...and NOTHING changes.

You do that with your XPX model...and WHAMMO....not only do you hear that engine, almost slap you upside the face......but you hear a different, more fat-lush warble coming from those pistons!   The lighting on the dash, is superb! With HDR on, it has a glow...(the same sort in real life, due to your eyes adjusting the Iris....you have this), The cabin is much more detailed graphically than is the model for FSX or P3D.

Now for flying....that is a hard one, Peter.  Why?  Because it is totally quantitative.... that being, there are so many factors that will be in play, your system for one, your controller for one, etc.  If you care to look for  what I have for my system...under my Sesquashtoo Moniker, and that I have an AV8R-01 flight stick....within all three platforms, it handles very well, for simulation results. I have never flown the real aircraft, don't have my P.P.L, so I really can't TELL YOU, 'how it feels'.  I can however, state that from a SIMULATION perspective, this plane handles within all platforms (with proper system resources!) like a dream.  I can further say, that if you have the system resources, XPX.30 is the only true platform, that can give you virtual-to-real-life fluid animation of your aircraft. I appreciate, and fly on a regular basis, rotating them as per need P3D v2.3, XPX.30 (full release), FSX-DX10 (Steve's Fixer program), and FS9.  I don't enter these in preference, I could have mixed and matched, lol.  Bottom line,  Peter, and I think this is what you are asking of me...if I was only going to go with the SkyMaster C337 on one platform....it would most certainly-----be for XPX.30  There is one little fly in the ointment though...even with that...and perhaps I am just not aware that you can do the following to the XPX.30 SkyMaster...but the fly in the ointment is this--->  In both FSX and P3D, you can modify the aircraft.cfg in a matter of minutes, to enable your engine to fly as if equipped from the factory, with Turbo Boost.  Yeppers....and once you do that...this aircraft will hook you solid through the cheek...you can't get away....it is THAT GOOD!  The twin in-line props handle like a dream, it climbs to cruise, like a dream, and has great...GREAT rudder and side-slip performance as a result of the twin rudder design.  I have sophisticated turbo-prop twins, jets, single turbo and non-turbo also from Carenado...but..but...THIS is the plane that I just love to pull out of the hangar...and would in real life...seek out.  There are so many issues you don't have with having your props in-line, and mid-beam of the body of the aircraft. I don't have a real world P.P.L...but certainly with hundreds of hours of simulated flight over the centuries (it seems, lol) that I have been enjoying this hobby...and truly to the fact, they are all good, Peter..but you will get 'more value' for this platform, if you go with XPX.30.  I hope in a thousand words or less...you got your answer!  (Never ask me a question, when there is great dark-roast coffee being served up....why?....because within two sips...I go into 'verbose mode'.....!!!  You have been warned......   :rolleyes:  :lol:  :rolleyes: .

Post Edit: Peter...if you leave out platform-loyalty...to the general reader....I recommend this sled across all platforms...but again, if  I only wished to purchase ONE copy of this bird...it would be without hesitation---for the XPX.30 platform.  It gives you more....at least visually...flight dynamics...are too close across FSX,P3D, XPX, to say that that aspect is definitive to ANY platform mentioned.  To argue about that...is to myself, merely semantics. Too many factors affect this....the user's system,...for one....

I had the pleasure of flying over the real ones back on Christmas Eve in 1992.

It was the only time I've genuinely been scared while flying on a tubeliner. When the turbulence hit the steward flew and landed down the aisle, the turbulence continued for about 45 minutes straight. I remember watching the wing furiously bouncing up and down through my window and wondering how much that wing could take.

I'll never forget how scared I was.

Laserit, exactly what was happening to my C337 at FL200!  I stopped counting the times (Accu-Feel/ASN) that I had to throttle drop...and quickly, down to 120-130 knots from my 155 cruise speed... to kick off auto..and handle the turbulence down draft, up draft, via yoke...or my virtual self would not be typing this, right now.  WHAT A RIDE!....what a ride....one of the best in simulation to date.  You need to constantly cross-tree monitor, your instrument panel...over the coastal Andes...or you will most certainly.....DIE!  They will find your mummy, years later, beside, or in your wreckage....

Post Edit: Peter...if you leave out platform-loyalty...to the general reader....I recommend this sled across all platforms...but again, if I only wished to purchase ONE copy of this bird...it would be without hesitation---for the XPX.30 platform. It gives you more....at least visually...flight dynamics...are too close across FSX,P3D, XPX, to say that that aspect is definitive to ANY platform mentioned. To argue about that...is to myself, merely semantics. Too many factors affect this....the user's system,...for one....

Mitch, thank you so much for your wonderful reply - the forums would be so much the poorer without you amazing enthusiasm and forthright but balanced views. I think I will go with XPX for now - it is my most oft used sim at the moment. Also good to support the underdog (in terms of resources not ideas and output) as I hope it will help to continue to provide us with the wonderful choices that we flight simmers are presented with today. Share the love! Also, I think my system is pretty good but I am no techno wizard (it is in my profile but main points are Titan, i7 4930K, 64GB DDR3) and I use PFC yolk and rudders (both with Hall Effect) and PFC interchangeable throttle quadrants (just amazing) so I think the fluidty of XPX will be all the more appreciated.

I will report back once I have tried it out. Looks immensely interesting and different to the mainstream - bit like you I suppose! As it is off topic may I PM you with the report back?

Thanks again

Peter

Mitch, thank you so much for your wonderful reply - the forums would be so much the poorer without you amazing enthusiasm and forthright but balanced views. I think I will go with XPX for now - it is my most oft used sim at the moment. Also good to support the underdog (in terms of resources not ideas and output) as I hope it will help to continue to provide us with the wonderful choices that we flight simmers are presented with today. Share the love! Also, I think my system is pretty good but I am no techno wizard (it is in my profile but main points are Titan, i7 4930K, 64GB DDR3) and I use PFC yolk and rudders (both with Hall Effect) and PFC interchangeable throttle quadrants (just amazing) so I think the fluidty of XPX will be all the more appreciated.

I will report back once I have tried it out. Looks immensely interesting and different to the mainstream - bit like you I suppose! As it is off topic may I PM you with the report back?

Thanks again

Peter

Of course, Peter...and thank you for your kind words. I  am always deeply committed to this hobby, as a portal to every-day flight enjoyment, and am always happy to help in any way I can, any other user.  Yes, you can PM me, but anybody else that has read this thread, might enjoy 'hearing from you' in the XP forum, about this very sled....you might just spark someone to add this wonderful plane to their hangar!  Cheers!

And oh...your reported system is KILLER!   You will have an incredible XPX.30 experience with this bird, on that platform!!!  Your loved ones, might have to slide food trays under the sim-room door.... :P

Mitch

Great screenies. I hope that one day the Andes will be available in photoreal. I would love to experience Torres del Paine in Chile 

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Great screenies. I hope that one day the Andes will be available in photoreal. I would love to experience Torres del Paine in Chile 

I kinda thought as I flew over them...that ORBX Global has treated them sort of blah-so.  That's until I realized what the heck could actually thrive at an ASL altitude of 20,000 feet!  I guess that what you see, is pretty much (except for real-life color variations...) what you get...  Then..I flew over the Amazon Basin...and things perked right up....texture-wise....