Sign in to follow this  
twojastara

VfrFlight - new free VFR flight planner

Just had a few first looks but it really seems to be a nice and effective tool. I am running a 4K monitor and would it be possible that the menus adjust if the display scaling option is checked? Otherwise, the menus are very hard to read at 4K resolution.

Hans

Just had a few first looks but it really seems to be a nice and effective tool. I am running a 4K monitor and would it be possible that the menus adjust if the display scaling option is checked? Otherwise, the menus are very hard to read at 4K resolution.

Yes, you are right. Sizes of some panels are hardcoded to pixels. I would definitely include fix for this in next release.

Thanks.

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

I like the app, but, it froze after 2 hours into a 5 hour flight (KPUJ, near Atlanta, GA to MYNN)  Had to close and restart program. Then at end of flight after zoom to closest level for approach, the program shut down FSX and I lost all logbook data.  Simconnect worked both times I started the program.

BTW: it doesn't play nice with FSXWX, had to remove the weather program to prevent "fatal errors" this morning.

Hope this helps . . . .

Charlie

Charlie,

I have send you a pm to keep support in separate threads for each issue.

I will take a look at this.

Lukasz

Lukasz Kulasek

Hi,

i am very satisfied with VFRFlight, and I have been using it without any problem during many weeks, mainly with "SkyVector World VFR" map.

But since last Thurday, on march the 3rd, the "SkyVector World VFR" map stopped displaying. The map is blank. Same with SkyVector LOW.
All the other maps (MapQuest, OpenStreet Map, Virtual Earth, etc.) are displaying correctly.

Is there a fix to have the Skyvector Maps back in VFRFlight?

Thank you,
Jean-Pierre

But since last Thurday, on march the 3rd, the "SkyVector World VFR" map stopped displaying. The map is blank. Same with SkyVector LOW.

All the other maps (MapQuest, OpenStreet Map, Virtual Earth, etc.) are displaying correctly.

Hi,

Link for SkyVector tiles has changed. I would resolve that today and replace existing package with newer version. It should be around 7 p.m. GMT time.

I will let you know here.

Lukasz

Lukasz Kulasek

Version 2.0 should be released very soon.

Here is video covering some of the new features in v2.0.

• Upvote 1

Lukasz Kulasek

Again:

Hi Lukasz!

Thank You for Yours hard work. This is very nice program and the newest version seems to be 2.0.

Rolf Niemi

Hello,

I'm not sure if this thread is still monitored, but just a heads - up: the link for Skyvector tiles must have changed again, as they are again broken.

Thanks for this great utility though!  I've been using it for a few months now and enjoying it.  

Andrew Crowley

Is it possible to import data files (airports, ndb, etc) from FSX/P3D and X=Plane 10/11? I've been trying for several days and it won't do any of those. I have some custom entries I'd like to use.

Same question: I cannot seem able to import the FSX data and also the SkyVector map doesn't seem to be working. My version is 2.3.1.

Looks great anyway. Thanks for your work

Hello all,

Where is the forum of the VFR flight planner? Months ago I remember to have writed a copule of posts there. Now, I don't find it anyware.

Greetings

Jordi

With 2.3.1 using P3D V4 ... I cannot get anything in the Simconnect area to work, the "move plane to this location" doesn't work and the connection drops out frequently.  I'm wondering if there is a problem with the 64 bit simconnect module?

Doug

rtmm_signature.jpg