Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

VNAV won't climb to the next alt constraint. during the MAP procedure

I am thinking that the aircraft in VNAV mode still follows the altitude restriction in the FMS.  you probably need to use FLCH to climb higher than a restriction in the FMS.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I'm not expert and hoping for an answer its a strange one. it works fine for me when flying a SID once you pass the waypoint with a AT rest you hit ALT INV and it climbs in VNAV SPD.

Where is matt (spin737) when i need him lol

Vernon Howells

Need a lot more information to figure this one out.  What was the MCP altitude set to?  What were the indications on the FMA?

I haven't flown a VNAV ALT equipped plane in a while. Can't you hit ALT INT to continue the climb?

Matt Cee

This is going to sound stupid ... but, have you tried to reset VNAV (turn it off and on again) to get out of VNAV ALT?

What do you mean by that? What does the FMA annunciate after re-engaging?

I will have to redo the saved flight and get back to you! But i'm sure VNAV ALT was displayed

Vernon Howells

Iirc, VNAV ALT means that there's a conflict between the profile and the MCP altitude. However, I don't see it, and outside of changing pitch mode, altitude intervention is the way to get out of it. 

If you're sure you're clicking the spot (it's kind of hidden behind the rotary knob from the left seat), I'm out of options. :(

I never got further than a Citation before I went to pursue other employment, so I would give it some more time and hope other people will have a solution. :)

Out of curiosity, which approach are you doing, where and how are you going missed, and which nav cycle do you use?

E: And if you use a standard livery without changing options, which one is it?