Sign in to follow this  
Demious

Wanted: new aircraft to go totaly nuts for

Ever since I've started flightsimming, I've been a huge fan of the Cessna Skymaster, a model with an own personality, that stands out from the rest. But after 4 years I would like to take a step up to another GA aircraft I can also go totally nuts for! :P

What am I looking for:

-A high quality aircraft with high quality graphics and high quality controls. Even if I'd have to pay a 100 bucks for it, I wouldnt mind, but I do want the good stuff. For this, think about a Majestic Q400, or an A2A Cherokee style product.

-I'd like to see a model with a little 'bite', something that stands out and doesnt look like everything else. The Skymaster would be a perfect example for this, or the P-38.

-I want something more recent than WWII models, but nothing modern with glass panels, I do want to see oldschool gauges. So think within an approximate time frame from the 60's up to the 80's.

-I want something with a little more extended procedures than the Skymaster.

What is it that I'm not looking for:

-I've got several aircrafts from Carenado and for quite some time these would do fine, but lately I'm getting increasingly more annoyed looking at round gauges that arent actually round, but consist of straight lines placed in a circle, like the C152 and C337, stuff like that... Yes, I like eye-candy. :P

-Wrongly labeled controls, switches that dont work while the manual/checklist says they should, or arent working as the manual/checklist says they should(3-way in the manual, while 2-way in the VC), like I've got now with the Carenado B1900D.

-Products from a manufacturer that doesnt provide proper support, or no support at all.

Knowing myself a little by now, I'm probably asking for the impossible... But from experience I know, that sooner or later I run into those products that prove the impossible is out here, somewhere.

If someone could point me in the right direction, would be very much appreciated.

Cheers!

Maarten

You mentioned the Cherokee. Why not simply that one? It works in P3D doesn't it?

I agree with the Duke

Great plane

It has it's own P3D version, I've got it and it's an awesome aircraft to fly, absolutely!

Thing is that I've always had that taste for 'special' things and the Cherokee is more like a standard model.

What I would like to find is what I found in the Skymaster, something I look at and go WOW! That's different and just grabs me because it's different. That one gothic in an office full of suits, you know. :P

Cheers!

Maarten

Dont look beyond

Majestic Q400, or an A2A Cherokee. End of. Both made for 2.3

RealAir V2 when made for P3D

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Oh cool! I must have missed the P3D version release for the Duke, thanks for pointing it out! :)

It's also not that special look I'm after now, but surely one I want to add to my collection.

The special thing I'm looking for now is a model I can fall in love with, like the double tail and front and back engine did for me with the Skymaster.

Cheers!

Maarten

For something a little different, why not look at DCS and get something like the F86-Sabre, or the soon to be released MiG 21?  You don't have to shoot things down, you can just aimlessly fly around the Southern Caucasus area and soon the Gulf of Oman. 

Ian R Tyldesley

I know you said no wwII, but my latest obsession is the a2a B-17 and the a2a p-51. In my opinion this two iconic aircrafts should be in every flightsimmers hangar.

The Just Flight Canberra PR9 sounds like it might be what you're looking for.

It's very high quality and different enough to keep you interested.

You don't mention if you own the Q400 already but that is also essential.

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10, Varjo Aero, DOF H3

Duke / Turbine v2 / Legacy with GTN avionics (once it's out)

P51d civilian if they have it for p3d - what a monster of a plane

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hello Demious,

Maybe check out Sim Skunkworks - Looks like a nice F84F - and a AV8 Harrier - with P3D installers ??

http://www.vaafse.org/simskunkworks/web/

I have the F84F - Beautyfull Model - very detailed and nicely Documented - Have a look - its some thing different !!  :BigGrin:  B) 

Johnman