Sign in to follow this  
Guest Traffic

Missing callsigns in FS2004

Guest mervynh

Hi,Please excuse newbie ignorance (not to Flight Simulator but to the forums) - I am sure the question has been raised earlier but my searches seem to give too many results to scan through - perhaps I need lessons also in using the search engine. I have perhaps 80 addon aircraft in FS9 not including paint variations, so have many aircraft from real world airlines, most of them very well known (British Airways, Swiss etc). I have noticed when flying these planes that ATC almost invariably ignores the entry in aircraft.cfg relating to the airline name (atc_airline= ) and just calls the aircraft by its flight number (atc_flight_number= ). Have I missed something which switches this part of the ATC call on? As an example I have recently downloaded the new Flightcraft A330-200 RR and PW versions plus paints for Edelweiss and SwissVC. These planes have Flightcraft as their atc_airline. I downloaded Editvoicepack and ran it but 'Flightcraft' doesn't appear in the list (expanding the 'standard modifications/callsigns' tree) so I changed the names to Edelweiss and Swiss in the relevant aircraft.cfg files but despite these names being in the standard modifications tree and having dutifully 'updated voicepack' several times it has made no difference in FS9. Any ideas?Mervyn

Guest Jetfan

Mervyn,In editvoicepack, there is also a 'tool' to update the airlines.cfg file. After you 'update voicepack', then update the 'airlines.cfg', then 'save'. The airlines you mentioned may not be in the update for FS2004, but they were in the update for FS2002. I have Edelweiss and Swiss showing in my 'airlines.cfg' file in FS2002.Hope this helps,Cheers,Bob

Guest Traffic

Another thing. If you don't want to use Editvoicepack you can manually set the correct callsigns.There is a list of recognised airline call signs for FS2004 but its not complete, and I think its the same one from FS2002. There are many airlines missing which makes Editvoice the better option.You problem is that many addon aircraft use the full airline call sign that is often not recognised. Example, WestJet addon will place 'WestJet' under ATC Airline in the aircraft config. The recognised callsign is 'West' not 'WestJet'. 'WestJet' will casue the sim to skip that altogether and just say the flight number. If you put 'West', it will now say 'West Jet' flight no.....etc

Dunno...When I rename flight's, I do it in the aircraft menu itself.IE: I often fly southwest 737's...And often I'll mimic actual flights...How do I change flight numbers...Simple..Just change the number in the aircraft menu. You should see the entry box menu, when you load the image of the selected aircraft...Works here...BTW...The aircraft needs the traffic file to read "0000" as far as the flight number within the traffic file, if you want the traffic to use those menu numbers too.. I think anyway...If I remember right, if there is a flight number in the traffic file, it will override the aircraft menu. But, I'm not totally sure on that...I do know that all my heavy iron that uses "flight numbers" , use the "0000" as far as a flight number in the traffic file. MK

Guest mervynh

Hi guys,Thanks for your help. I was aware of the update airlines.cfg option and thought I had used it but perhaps it didn't work first time. I have now repeated the sequence and all the callsigns I want are in the airlines.cfg file and what's more show in the select aircraft dialogue and are used by ATC when I fly my planes. A good result!Mervyn:-)

Guest thermos

i have this problem to i have looked at wot you guys said and havent really picked up on wot you mean. e.g i was flying an easyjet a319 and was on approach to luton and the controller said "1221 cleared to land on runway 9" and i dont know how to get for e.g " ezy1221 " any answers for dummies lol

Guest Traffic

Unfortunately, EasyJet or Ezy is not on the list of recognised call signs built into FS. For that, you'll need EditVoicePack which is a freeware. Do a search and you'll find it.