Sign in to follow this  
Tomaz Drnovsek

Only 4096?

Let me ask you this: Have you checked with Bill to see if he would set you up with a set of downsized textures? Bill is one of the most approachable guys I know and I'd find it really hard to believe if he refused. If he did I'm certain he would have a good reason for it and he would explain the reason in detail. To me that would have been the logical thing to do, instead we have a typical Avsim thread, complete with bandwagon jumpers and a generally negative tone towards the developer. You state that you're not going to buy it because Bill hasn't read your mind and made a downsized texture set available? ...and then someone has to come along and +1 that sentiment? To be honest I doubt Bill has even given it a thought!

I could elaborate on the use of large texture sheets, TML, texture resolutions, their effect on drawcalls, etc., but some expert who once converted a sketchup warehouse model with MCX would just argue with me so what's the point?

I'm just offsetting the +1 is all.

Who is Bill? n4gix? If so, I had no idea he is the developer of this aircraft.

I just explained my experience and asked a simple question because my computer just can't run 4096px textures without stutters and probably some FPS loss. And since I already have too many to count aircraft in my hangar, not too many € in my wallet and not enough hours in my day.. I decided to pass. My reasons, my decision. Nothing negative about it.

Where do you see generally negative tone towards developer is beyond me. That certainly wasn't my intention.

The funny thing is that it was you who started with negative numbers :wink:

Bill Ortis, send him an email from the lionheart website.

You said:

why should a customer do those things. OK, if I really, really wanted this bird than I'd go the extra mile and convert textures myself but I'm just not that interested. It would almost be an impulse buy for me but this piece of information stopped me.

That came across as negative to me, particularly the "why should customers" comment, I maintain that Bill probably doesn't even know there's a need or a want for downsized textures.

The funny thing is that it was you who started with negative numbers

That's just silly and completely out of context, nice try.

Bill Ortis, send him an email from the lionheart website.

You said:

That came across as negative to me, particularly the "why should customers" comment, I maintain that Bill probably doesn't even know there's a need or a want for downsized textures.

I said "why should a customer" and I meant me in particular. Wasn't meant negative in any way, just how I felt at that time. It's like going to the store and you see nice trousers but they are a bit too long. Some day you'd buy them and shorten them yourself, some day you just don't want to be bothered. It has nothing to do with the trouser maker. Something like that.

That's just silly and completely out of context, nice try.

Yes, it was somewhere in the range of your  "-1" comment. :P You can't blame me for that. I hope.

Gentlemen.....

Please open the box and take one pistol each. Stand back to back, and then take ten paces forward. When you have done this, turn and shoot. The pistols only have one round of ammunition, so don't waste your time trying to emulate Clint Eastwood.

When you have both discharged your weapons (you didn't seriously think that we were going to use live ammunition?), kindly return the pistols to their special commemorative limited edition box, shake hands, and resume your flying activities.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png