Sign in to follow this  
SK77

VoxAtc 6.46 fatal error after initializing

Hi, I just bought and installed the VoxAtc 6.46. 

I used the version 5 before without any problems so today I bought and installed version 6. I have downloaded and configuerd Popvox as stated in the manual. I've run the indexer and panel config.

I have my flightplan created in PFPX and exported to my PMDG 737-800NGX and I have also filed out the SID & STAR setup after saving my flight in FSX at the gate.

I press the "Enable"-button and the text "6.46 initializing" shows and after a short while all the vocies one by one says "test" as it should do. But as soon as the last voice has said "test" the text changes to "FATAL ERROR! Disable VoxATC".

I've tried diffrent aircrafts, set the ATIS freq and also call ground/tower for radio check without any respons. No AI traffic i displayed either (I use UT2 with bridge downloaded)

I use FSX with win 8.1 and english system. Everything worked fine with version 5.

Any ideas?

I had that problem with a previous version. If I recall correctly, a simple reinstallation of VoxATC, after uninstalling it and restarting the computer, solved the problem for me. You should also follow exactly the installation procedure as described in the manual.

Cheers,

Peter 

You say you have exported your flight plan to the NGX, have you loaded the flight plan into FSX? VOXATC needs to read the flight plan from FSX and not the NGX's flight plan data/format.

I have ad this before when I have forgotten to load a flight plan in FSX.

Rich

Yes, PFPX exports it to both FSX and NGX and I set it up in FSX before i hit "Fly now" in the same way I did in VoxATC 5. 

I'll try to uninstall everything and see if that helps, I'll keep you posted.

Well. I have reinstalled everything but now when I hit enable it says just initializing and the simulation pauses. Popvox server is running in the background and when it starts up all the different voices says "test". Not sure what to try next? 

The "Fatal Error" I believe is a known bug ( I think even the dev know's about) it is actually a false alarm. If you tune clearance in on your com, the fatal error message disappears and VOX starts working. At least that's what happens for me and others.

This has only started since I upgraded to v6.46 from 6.2 along with long initialization times.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi-together,

i´m using 6.46 too - and i had not this problems, as long as i send the right Flightplan Format File to FSX.

Don´t know which Format PFPX is using.., i use either FSBuild Export Function (FSX-xml) Format - or sending the Flightplan via EFB(Electronic Flight Bag). Therfore is the procedure: Route-SAVE (ticked Microsoft Flight Simulator) and export as .pln File.

In Both Cases you have to load the created Flightplan from your Flight Simulator X Files Folder into your current Flight.

If you use Maarten Boelens FSX Sim Launcher you can save one work progress because you are able to load your Flightplan into the SimLauncher!

Or, as a test, just build a test flight plan using FSX planner when you are selecting your aircraft .. until testing is finished.

There are quite a number (too many) of active failures in this VOXatc version 6.46.

Wondering just how long we will have to wait for some fixes??

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I've tried with FSX own flightplanner but same problem, I've also tried to tune in clearence but that dosen't work either. I've tried default planes and airports as well as from Aerosoft.

How is your voice setup in pop Vox? Wonder if something can be wrong with the sound config. Once when I deleted all the vocies and ran with default Windows Anna or what her name is, it actually worked with the textbox and I could speek and the text responded but I couldn't hear anything. I tried to restart but then it was back to Fatal error.... No, I've not contacted anyone yet besides this chat.

I use Win7-64 so do not know about Win 8.1

You might want to contact the developer via his web page ... for so reason he does not reply in this forum to problems.

I will get a reply the following day, normally ... maybe he has a full time job also.

Naturally, let us know what is going on when you find out.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Problem with reinstalling is that everything is not deleted when uninstalling. When I reinstall everything is allready filled out like license, voice conf and so on....

Yes, I guess I have to email him, I'll let you know his answer.

Just a thought ... did you install the Level-D Nav Data and is its location set in the VOXATC config? (cant rem exactly which config box its selected from but should be easy to find it as there arnt many).

Rich 

I had this when trying to fly circuits or local. The cure for me was pressing the pause button twice. Once to pause it and the second time to un-pause it. After that it worked ok. I would ask the dev honesty if the software supports windows 8.1. Just to rule that out. Also you might want to delete that folder inside windows/roaming i think, with the name Internal workings for a full uninstall. And just to be clear, for sids and stars you have to get Level D airac from Navigraph and specify the path to this nav data under Vox Atc settings. Otherwise the program doesn't know how to assign your sid and star.

Now regarding 3rd party tts voices, i had this error when using a couple of them, not the voxpop ones though. You should check the voice config tool and test them all just to rule this one out also. In my case the pesky tts voices would crash the tool and that's how i found out why the program wouldn't start, so i had to delete them. I replaced them with another pack an presto, no more error at startup.

No, I have not added the path to Nav Data in advanced settings, not sure where it is, just assign to the main folder or?

Something is wrong with the voice config, it looks good but as soon as I hit speak to test a voice it crashes. Didn't do that first time but after reinstall, how do I delete it all it doesn't go away completely for when I reinstall it all looks like before, I don't have to add voices.  

When did u pause/unpause, after pressing enable or?