Sign in to follow this  
Guest abent

Need Scenery Upgrade Advice

Guest TELCO1

Hi,I need some advice and/or suggestions regarding upgrading my scenery. The only enhancements that I currently have installed are Ontario/Toronto scenery from Flight Ontario, and FS Skyworld, both being freeware. Most of my flying is in North America. I only fly two aircraft, Aeroworx B200 and the PMDG 737NG-700, with the B200 being used the most. I fly online alot via Vatsim and use FSMeteo as my weather program.I've been contemplating purchasing Ultimate Terrain. After reading about the impending release of FS Global Special Edition, I'm not sure what would be the most cost effective choice, although I would consider buying both if they were in fact complimentary, but for now, I'm just not sure. Ease of installation is important to me as well. I want to spend my time flying, not tweaking software. I keep FS9 (and my computer) very clean, and so far everything runs great, no errors etc. I have enough computing power to handle just about anything and I like to leave well enoght alone whenever possible. Your thoughts would be appreciated,Thanks in advance,Lawrie

Guest bobsk8

If you fly in Alaska or Canada, get Flight1's Ultimate Terrain for that area. It's fantastic.

Guest abent

If you're looking for airport sceneries, may I suggest the following:CYHZ, CYQM, CYYT by the Mosher Brothers (for FS2002 but work fine in FS9) These are fantastic reproductions of the actual airports. FREEWARECYWG, and all the Manitoba airports by us, CanUk sceneries (shameless plug, I know}( ). FREEWAREThunder Bay2, Flight Ontario. FREEWAREI think it was Heather Sherman who released a catalog of sceneries for Canada - mostly freeware I believe. You could try looking for thatBest of luck, Adam