Sign in to follow this  
Paul_

Elite Mel Throttle Quadrant Driver for P3D v2.3

Hello everyone

Has anyone managed to get the Elite Mel Throttle Quadrant working in Prepar3D v2.3?

I posted a message and raised a trouble ticket back in January 2014 with Elite but sadly they had nothing to offer ..

Now we have v2.3 I decided to post another message yesterday in the hope that it might be sorted but haven't heard anything back yet

Just wondered if anyone had an answer

Cheers

Paul

I do not have that product but I have had various other TQ's and yokes and sticks and have never had an issue when I use FSUIPC to control them not P3D or FSX.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

That's a good point Vic

I will try that

Thank you 

No good

Dead as a Dodo

:(

Possible conflict with something?  Try renaming p3d.cfg and letting P3D build a new one with the TQ attached.

Assuming you tried changing connection ports.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Still no joy sadly ...

I raised a ticket with Elite on the 16th September which they acknowledged ..... but here we are .. two weeks on and I have heard absolutely nothing from them

Their products are NOT cheap and to be perfectly honest I think their technical support has a lot to be desired!!

If you look at their forums ... you can see the cobwebs forming!!

I wanted to pick up and Elite MEL throttle unit - but I done some research and found precisely the issue your having, no P3D compatability. I ended up getting the Goflight TQ6 which works perfectly in P3D v2. You could always try selling the Elite throttle and get something else with the funds?

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Hi Gordon

It refreshing to know I am not alone on this ....

I can fully understand that there is a possibility that there is a need to create a new driver for every release of Prepar3D but now we have a great stable version in 2.3 ...  I really do not think there is an excuse not to release a driver!

I already have a TQ6 but unfortunately the first and sixth levers are a bit 'sticky' and I cannot get smooth transitions when setting it up for a twin prop aircraft

I can deal with the erratic smoothness when those levers are set up for spoilers and flaps in a jet configuration ... but impossible to use when I am in a light aircraft ...

I already have a TQ6 but unfortunately the first and sixth levers are a bit 'sticky' and I cannot get smooth transitions when setting it up for a twin prop aircraft

Paul I had similar problems with my TQ6.

I took the cover off and applied WD40 lubricant all around the base of the levers trying to let it get into the potentiometers.

Amazingly it worked and the TQ6 is working as good as new.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Hi gb

That sounds like a great plan ... thank you

I am getting the WD40 out as we speak ... I'll let you know

Cheers

Paul  :good:

I'm waiting (and hoping) that Elite will eventually provide P3Dv2 support for their MEL throttle - at which point I will sell the Goflight TQ6 and grab the MEL.

As my TQ6 is almost brand new I cant say I've experienced and "stickiness" on the levers, I'm assuming this is a symptom that develops over time with lots of usage, the WD40 tip sounds like its worth a try!

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display