Sign in to follow this  
Capt Speirs

GSX Push Back Tug vs PMDG 777 Nose Wheel

This problem WAS reported on this forum sometime last year and the fix was to not engage the hydraulics till after the pushback.  However, you cannot set the takeoff trim till after the push back this way.

Gnacino

That is unacceptable and I saw that. If there is no fix, then tell me. Don't feed me an inferior work around. I don't mean this on a personal level, I mean it on a general level. I have hundreds invested in the PMDG 777 alone, I expect my tiller and pedals not to flop about.

Since you quoted my entire reply, have you read what it said ? There's NOTHING to "fix" from our side, and I don't know what do you mean with "unacceptable work around".

You said in your forum that it was a visual thing and push back works fine. Uhh, yeah, why did I pay so much for a visually pleasing aircraft only to have my tiller and rudder pedals flop around during push back. No where did I say it was anyone's fault, BTW, I am looking for a fix not a fall guy. As far as the "Work Around" I mistaking thought it was in your forum, it is actually in this forum, my apologies.

You said in your forum that it was a visual thing and push back works fine. Uhh, yeah, why did I pay so much for a visually pleasing aircraft only to have my tiller and rudder pedals flop around during push back. No where did I say it was anyone's fault, BTW, I am looking for a fix not a fall guy. As far as the "Work Around" I mistaking thought it was in your forum, it is actually in this forum, my apologies.

As I stated above, I never noticed the issue with the 777, but then, I never really looked for it. (I'm usually not looking at the Tillers during pushback.) I tried it and yes I do see it with the T7. I then tried it with the NGX, which also models hydraulics, and the tillers/rudder pedals were smooth during the push back turns. So I think the problem is more on the PMDG side then FSDT in this case. Looks like they modeled the bypass pin as Virtuali stated with the NGX, but not the T7, else we should see the same issue with the NGX!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

That is unacceptable and I saw that. If there is no fix, then tell me. Don't feed me an inferior work around. I don't mean this on a personal level, I mean it on a general level. I have hundreds invested in the PMDG 777 alone, I expect my tiller and pedals not to flop about.

Then you should ask to PMDG to add the recognition of the GSX pushback, in order to have the airplane behaving as it had a bypass pin inserted by the ground crew, which is what would happen in real life.

You said in your forum that it was a visual thing and push back works fine.

That's a fact: the actual Pushback procedure is not affected in any way.

Uhh, yeah, why did I pay so much for a visually pleasing aircraft only to have my tiller and rudder pedals flop around during push back. No where did I say it was anyone's fault, BTW, I am looking for a fix not a fall guy.

As I've said, GSX ALREADY provides a way for airplane developers to know when it's pushing, but then it's up to the airplane developers to use that information.

As I've said, twice, I already asked PMDG about this, now it would be best if you, as a PMDG customer, would also voice your opinion to them, because their are the only one that can provide a proper solution, that is, simulating the effect of the bypass pin.

Then you should ask to PMDG to add the recognition of the GSX pushback, in order to have the airplane behaving as it had a bypass pin inserted by the ground crew, which is what would happen in real life.

That's a fact: the actual Pushback procedure is not affected in any way.

As I've said, GSX ALREADY provides a way for airplane developers to know when it's pushing, but then it's up to the airplane developers to use that information.

As I've said, twice, I already asked PMDG about this, now it would be best if you, as a PMDG customer, would also voice your opinion to them, because their are the only one that can provide a proper solution, that is, simulating the effect of the bypass pin.

I will take your advice and contact PMDG, now that it is likely their issue, and hopefully they take it serious. I noticed the rudder pedals and tiller because I use TrackIR and it caught my attention, now it bugs me.

Thanks for patience and input, love all your products.