Sign in to follow this  
Byrna

So when is the last time you crashed?

Guest panda234

Took the BAE Concorde out the other day, and flew from KSEA to CYVR. Short flight, but it was great, and it made me think, hmmm, when is the last time I crashed? And I can't remember. So, no, I smoked the tires that time, but I'm wondering about you? Let's hear your most embarassing moment...billg

I know I crashed not too long ago, due to an aircraft failure, and not knowing the cockpit operation well enough. I was flying the PMDG 737 using FS Reliability Factor (can't find the website anymore). On final approach, I developed a fuel leak out of one tank. I didn't know enough about the fuel system to realize that unless I shut off the soon to be empty tank that my engines were going to shut down. So, at about 1000 feet, both engines shut down. I knew quite a bit about the procedures, but not well enough to do them fast enough to get everything restarted in time. It was a good learning experience, as I recreated the same scenario and properly switched the tanks to keep the engines running.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

About five minutes ago, actually. :)I was landing at Bermuda Intl. and was making a very nice landing despite a bit of a crosswind when suddenly the engines revved up and the nose rose up into the air again. The plane lifted off the runway and came down a few hundred feet away from the end of the runway. I still don't know what happened, but obviously something was wrong with the autopilot. I know I'd shut everything of that's supposed to be off so something else must be the problem.This annoys me a bit because it's been some tiime since my last crash (I have a few, since I like to take some chances every now and then).

Guest JanniCash

About a month ago or so ... forgot to refuel my private 737-200 and the 4500 lb reserve left from the previous flight didn't last long. I made it to an airport gliding, but the runway was short and without reverse thrust I overshot and took her for a walk in the park ... until we hit the trees. Gotta work on those checklist habits.Jan

Last night. I have been trying to master Owen's new Gmax Bell 206. It's not a pretty sight me trying to transition from flight to hover!

Guest JimC1702

Same here, with Owen's Bell 206B. Definitely a big learning curve in the choppers.Jim

does aircraft overstress crashes count? If so, sometime last week when I was cruising with the autopilot in the Flight1 ATR when I inadvertantly knocked the joystick and killed the autopilot while sitting down or something.... By the time I was able to get in position and grab the joystick to bring the aircraft under control, I was already inverted heading downwards, and overstressed a few seconds later.... ooops :(My last actual crash, though, was while practicing with the FSDzigns Connie during the Avsim/Flightsim/SimOuthouse race, when I just couldn't land the thing without crashing..... Left about 8-10 wrecked Connies strewn about the airport by the time I gave up on that aircraft... :( (And it's a good thing the baton carrier avoided the debris when he/she arrived there... :()

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Guest Keyser Soze

Yesterday, in Concorde. I was landing at Male and because I didn't have the airport charts, I found the runway is too short for the bird. Well, it was too late and I was hoping in the reverse thrusts and brakes but the brakes overheated and I ended up in the ocean. I didn't even make to call the rescuers :-rotor :-lol

I must admit, the chances of me crashing are about the same as you growing a rotor blade out of your head and flying to work every morning. Last night, i landing a 767 with a failed engine at ABQ with a 31/42 wind. And with my luck, i got there at the 42knt gusts. Yes it was hard, no i didnt crash. I practice this type of "sh*t luck" all the time. Did i expect to crash my FeelThere PIC ERJ145 at DEN today with a 38knot wind? Nope... :-lolBut yeah, i crashed for the first time in along time today. I mean along time as in over a year most likely.. :-lol I feel so ashamed..The good thing about FS that i learned today is that when you crash a jet and you die, the F/O dies, the passengers die, and that sexy blonde flight attendent *spelling?* dies, 20 secs later, there you are, soaring again.. :-kewlHaha.. anyways, ill stop rambling on now. :-wave :-lol

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Ages ago, when I was trying to learn the PSS A320 and the thing went beserk on AP during climb, stalled and crashed to ####. :-lolDaniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

Guest davidvoogd

Sunday - gusty winds, flared too high and the wind died suddenly - poor Archer landed front gear first :-zhelp

A few weeks ago with the captain sim 727 at Olbia (Italy). Approach over sea and to little trust made me land just for the treshold (in sea). I tried to give some more trust but that takes a while. Landing the 727 is hard for me. After ditching the tower told me to "contact ground"....Herman

Guest G. Stone

Last weekend, I was on final in the PMDG 737-700 but I did not have the proper amount of fuel in the plane so I crashed into the Pacific. I felt like such a clown :+