Sign in to follow this  
haztronic

Black flashes/tearing when panning outside

Hi everyone,

So i've had this problem on and off for some time now, and i have bufferpools=0 a and water to high which is supposed to fix this issue but i still get it. I get it in areas that are heavy on frames, like flightbeam sfo, or lax, when i pan i just get these quick black tearing marks on my screen, and once i stop panning, it disappears. I have a gtx 580, i7 2600k @ 4.1ghz. If anybody can help me with this annoying issue that would be great.

Thank you

Hiya, well, I had exactly the same issue with my 580, which disappeared after upgrading to the 770 4gb card. You could try alternative drivers, but I personally found absolute zero benefit from doing so. Any flashing spikes and so forth is generally attributable to GPU overload. To confirm this simply set Bufferpools=1 and drop the water slider setting to LOW 2X. Use this as a test simply to confirm one way or another.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

haztronic,

I use to get this too with BP =0 when using Autogen I had to revert to BP =1 and RejectThreshold=xxxxxxxxxxx to stop it but then got a bit of stuttering when panning....it is a trade off.

I do not use AG now as I think it looks like toy town...IMHO...so I am back on BP =0 with no artifacts....and smooth panning

All the best

I suspect your system doesn't play well with usepools=0.  You may need to revert to usepools=1 and perhaps try a reject threshold (google for details of the numbers to try or run your cfg through Bjoote's on-line system).

I'm assuming that you have vsynch enabled in fsx and your videocard software as this is normally the casue of tearing.

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Have you tried turning "on" vsync?

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Hi everyone,

So i've had this problem on and off for some time now, and i have bufferpools=0 a and water to high which is supposed to fix this issue but i still get it. I get it in areas that are heavy on frames, like flightbeam sfo, or lax, when i pan i just get these quick black tearing marks on my screen, and once i stop panning, it disappears. I have a gtx 580, i7 2600k @ 4.1ghz. If anybody can help me with this annoying issue that would be great.

Thank you

There is no reason why you can't continue to use BP=0.

Reduce water to one notch below max.

Reduce Autogen a notch or two.

Basically your GPU is being swamped with more than it can handle.

The symptoms you describe are typical when sliders aren't adjusted to accommodate BP=0.

It's unlikely to be anything to do with vsync, given that you get the symptoms when frame rate is low. Tearing due to lack of vsync occurs when frame rate is higher than monitor refresh rate.

I had the same issue when I switched to a more powerful CPU, basically it was flooding my GPU with more data than it could handle. Backing off the sliders a bit did the trick.

I do not use AG now as I think it looks like toy town...IMHO...so I am back on BP =0 with no artifacts....and smooth panning

AG meaning autogen? I lowered my autogen  to normal last night hoping to see a difference but i still got the artifacts. Personally, I think i need a new graphics card because i've also been getting the popup saying nivida drivers stopped responding but have now recovered.

OK so i dropped the water to Low 2, changed BP to 1, and also went to Anisotropic instead of trilinear. So far my FPS have gone up and steady, and i am not getting the artifacts. Touch wood it stays like this, but i think I will have to upgrade to a 780 GTX within 2 months, my 580 is getting on a bit now. By the way, is 58c while running fsx on my GPU ok for temps? and the fan is at about 60%?

Nice to hear. Those temps are fine.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

got the same problem rolling with a gtx titan. got black texture flashing . BP 0. got the driver 340.52

got the same problem rolling with a gtx titan. got black texture flashing . BP 0. got the driver 340.52

With a titan?! Wow, wouldn't have expected that. Do what I did and see if it helps

If you are using DX9, set pre render frames to 1 in Nvidia Insp, and you can use BP=0

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Got to say that if I ran any AG with BP=0 I got spikes flashes etc....without AG all good.

As I said I do not run AG it is just not my thing.......I am using. a GTX 770 4gb

I have a GTX 760 and I had a lot of stuttering and black flashing when panning outside, but the bp=0 fixed all of it. I guess it depends on your cpu and gpu. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth