Sign in to follow this  
JGSJW

Poof!....it's all gone...

While trying to add an airport  I somehow d0uble clicked my entire Addon Scenery folder into the 1033 folder alongside the dwntl.dll.  I then deleted it out of there. The original Addon Scenery folder was still in place but nothing works. I am back to the default scenery. I am completely bamboozled and nothing I try brings any of it back.. 

I do have most of it backed up but have not tampered with that yet.

JGSJW

Hi,

You could do a system restore. That will reset your system to an earlier date. Normally works well..  Click on the windows button and just type restore and you will see the system restore option appear in the menu area.

Good luck

John

Restoring the system did not work on similar issues with my FS9-installation. THat function is not well made by Microsoft, I guess.

The best thing for you would be, to find a tool that can track your file deletion/creation/editing/moving process even after the event itself. Does anyone know such a tool?

I don't know if this will help but I have had similar problems over the years by accidiently moving folder into another folder. (the orignal folder disappered into another existing folder).  When I found it I just did a "cut and paste" putting it back to the orifinal location.  When you deleted your folder to the trash bin you restored it back to the 1033 folder.  Maybe it is still there.  If by luck you might be able to still cut and paste.  However by what you have already done your scenery.cfg might need to be looked at as someone already mentioned.  I have also tried the restore method which works "sometimes".

I do feel your pain.

Regards,

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Maybe delete the fs9.cfg & scenery folder & let it be re-built? - Just an idea..

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

I did that already but still no change.

No problem...just go to your WD My Book USB 3 drive...and bring back that  full system image that you created on the last major modification to your flight files...add-ons....

RIGHT?

RIGHT?

What you will have to do to correct this, could only be bringing back your system image to restore your box to the last save if you in fact have one.........it's good flight sim user policy....for the future.

Something to think about...

Hope you get it corrected one way or another...

Mitch

all of my attempts to restart my addon sceneries led me to notice that all of my addon folders were empty. then I remembered that when I found my entire ADDON FOLDER sitting in my 1033 folder I saved it and named it SPARE ADDON FOLDER and discovered that it has 3 gigs of information which I am now re-listing in the scenery Library but it is tedious.I think that part of my  problem is my routing which is C Drive / X86 / Games/FS9/SPARE ADDON FOLDER/ ADDON Scenery/...........

but every time I restart fs9 as I re-list each scenery I  have to click  through 70 scenery warnings windows. Hopefiully they will reduce in numbers as I re-list. Also my weather theme system has disappeared.

JGSJW

While trying to add an airport  I somehow d0uble clicked my entire Addon Scenery folder into the 1033 folder alongside the dwntl.dll.  I then deleted it out of there.

... but have not tampered with that yet.

Hi.

Try this:

http://undeleteplus.com/

it's a bit expensive but $40 for all that lost work seems like a good exchange.

I have an old copy on my PC, which version doesn't do entire folders, but a quick scan of the website suggests the newest version does.

The important thing, as you mentioned in your first post, is not to touch anything else in case you write over the deleted data. Deleting, even out of the recycle bin, often (but not always) doesn't do more that clip the folder location and metadata so most stuff is recoverable. If you ordinarily keep your disk defragged and don't panic when you accidentally lose something then recovery should be fairly easy.

Alternatively, run a full backup once a week - I've only needed Undelete a couple of times in the last five or six years...

Cheers,

Dave