Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

Captain Sim Forum

Hi all,some time ago there was a thread here about Captain Sims new website, but it disappeared. What happened to it?One of the issues was about the forum. Someone from Captain Sim PR said that if they get enough requests they might reopen the forum. I feel that everything I add to their support system, and every mail I send to them, disappears into a black hole. So I suggested to tell our opinion here in this forum. I for sure want their aircrafts, but I would also like a forum and updates to follow with them. How about you?BestEagle

>Hi all,>>some time ago there was a thread here about Captain Sims new>website, but it disappeared. What happened to it?>>One of the issues was about the forum. Someone from Captain>Sim PR said that if they get enough requests they might reopen>the forum. I feel that everything I add to their support>system, and every mail I send to them, disappears into a black>hole. So I suggested to tell our opinion here in this forum. I>for sure want their aircrafts, but I would also like a forum>and updates to follow with them. How about you?>>Best>EagleIf you think they're going to bring the forum back, then I would like to sell you that very nice ocean property I have in Iraq.This has got to be the dumbest move an addon company ever made. Of course, whatever support you send them is just going to end up on their server in some dead space.According to their promo video, the dudes of CS are all the sons of former Soviet fighter pilots, and are fighter pilots themselves; don't know, man, but based on the way they run their company, one would think they've been exposed to a few g-forces too many.ricardo

Okay Ricardo, I have some good laughs when I read your post, I really did, and unfortunately your'e even maybe right! But we have to behave here folks, otherwise this thread ends up in the moderators fireplace. Again.In Iraq you say? Has it got a nice sunset?Eagle

Guest panda234

Eagle, you saying we can't say what we think? If we could it would be bad, but I won't go there. Good Evening!!rgds from CYHZ bilg

Just tell us if you think Captain Sim should have a forum or not. If we show interest, they might reconsider (at least that's what they told us).Seems like you guys have given up anyway, so why bother? But wouldn't it be nice though. New Herc (could be the first high quality C130 for fs ever), and a forum where we could discuss flying this big bird

Guest Dakota

I haven't given up and I think the Herc looks fantastic. I always enjoyed their forum as I think many people did from the response they got after closing it. Yes, by all means, they should open it back up!

Should they open a forum? Yes. Will they open a forum? It sure doesn't look like it. Maybe they're waiting for the 707 patch :-) .Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I like CS but, I don't understand why they would close their forum in the first place, it was pretty popular, that's where everyone went to ask questions and get quick answers.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

>I like CS but, I don't understand why they would close their>forum in the first place, it was pretty popular, that's where>everyone went to ask questions and get quick answers.>>JeffExactly. It was popular. So why even ask the question? It's like asking a bunch of fraternity guys whether they want to see nekkid pics of Britney Spears.ricardo

Guest allcott

Why does the developer have to open the forum..? Avsim is a CONSUMERS website and if we want a forum, why can't we have one? The demand certainly seems to be there. Just call it UNOFFICIAL.As I said in the thread above about the Herc, CS have a long way to go to get back into simmers good books. A forum would be a start (providing they are going to deal with issues, not simply attack and threaten their customers, like last time). The `risk` of having a forum under their control is less than one that isn't, surely? That's their problem, thought - most other developers aren't scared of having forums to service customers needs, so what makes CS so special? Not as if they get it right first time, EVERY time (make that ANY time).But if they won't, it would sure be useful to have a forum run by fellow simmers to deal with issues when the developer can't - or won't - help.Allcott

Guest Captain Sim PR

>One of the issues was about the forum. Someone from Captain>Sim PR said that if they get enough requests they might reopen>the forum. Yes, we appreciate your feedback.>I feel that everything I add to their support>system, and every mail I send to them, disappears into a black>hole. Dear Eagle! Concerning mails - our support mailbox does not have incoming mailbox anymore. Use our Support System http://www.captainsim.com/support/.Actually you've asked one question in our support system and it is already answered. Please check your e-mail.Sometimes we need time to answer your requests. But it is hard to believe that there are no satisfied Flightsimmers whom we have helped. Because there ARE many of them indeed and we do not and will not leave them without support.And we would like to thank everybody here for comments.

>Actually you've asked one question in our support system and>it is already answered. Eh ... please don't lead anyone to believe that it was answered a long time ago, I check my mail every 1 minute. Both the mail and your post was written today, as if this thread triggered you to answer my question in the support system. Please accept my apologies if I'm wrong about that, but have anyone else got an answer from the new support system?Eagle

Guest Captain Sim PR

Yes, it was not answered long tome ago, but it was answered, and not because of your thread. That is why I've said that sometimes we need time for reply.

>Please accept my apologies if I'm wrong about that, but have>anyone else got an answer from the new support system?I have, even two answers, both helpful. Sorry, but I think you are unfair.

Okey, I'm sorry cs, just the way it appeared from my pov. Glad to hear you got helpful answers, and that the system isn't all dead :)I still don't think it compares to a forum though. You can't reply to the person who wrote the mail, instead you have to go back to the system again. The reply comes from the Support System