Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

Captain Sim Forum

Guest Captain Sim PR

Dear Eagle,Thank you for input and kind comments.Anyway you are always welcome to ask us more questions. :)

>Okey, I'm sorry cs, just the way it appeared from my pov.>Glad to hear you got helpful answers, and that the system>isn't all dead :)>>I still don't think it compares to a forum though. You can't>reply to the person who wrote the mail, instead you have to go>back to the system again. The reply comes from the Support>System

Guest panda234

>One of the issues was about the forum. Someone from Captain>Sim PR said that if they get enough requests they might reopen>the forum.Yes, we appreciate your feedback.{you'll apprecitate this a little better.)>I feel that everything I add to their support>system, and every mail I send to them, disappears into a black>hole. {I'm on it.}Dear Eagle! Concerning mails - our support mailbox does not have incoming mailbox anymore. Use our Support System http://www.captainsim.com/support/.{that's french for do it gently....}Actually you've asked one question in our support system and it is already answered. Please check your e-mail.{email? I didn't think they answered email. My bad...}Sometimes we need time to answer your requests. But it is hard to believe that there are no satisfied Flightsimmers whom we have helped. Because there ARE many of them indeed and we do not and will not leave them without support.{omg, the big Whom word. Coming fron the top, the president of the company. More!!! More!!!! Just a few words please?}And we would like to thank everybody here for comments.{you're welcome.}billg

I personally use the forums to decide whether or not to purchase high priced add ons. I understand that there are going to be problems when a product is first released but I also want to be able to see that if there is a problem it is at least being addressed. Without a forum the only posts I see are normally derogatory and non-value added. I am very excited about both the C-130 and 767 along with the other great looking new addons that were posted on your previouse forum. I would however like to be able to see that if I have a problem, is it a problem that someone else is having or is it an internal problem with my PC. I think that there is no reason an official forum is a bad idea, as it helps both developers and consumers to be satisfied with a product.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

I asked a very simple question in the support system: Will there be a patch for the 707 to fix all the issues that arised in the old forum (and please give me an answer for that particular product, I have read the general patch faq answer)?I did get an answer, but not straight and not very helpful imho:---Thanks for contacting us.Let's clarify the terminology first. If something in the system declared in manuals as functional but it does not work or works wrong - this is a "bug".But if something in the system simplified (not modeled at all) it is not a "bug". We should not expect 100% accuracy from an entertainment title, even multi-million real world simulators never provide 100% accuracy.Anyway, we collect all the reports and monitor customers' feedback. We always take the most frequently reported issues into consideration for further updates and new products development. So please feel free to report the issues you are dissatisfied with and we will consider them.PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. This e-mail account does not have any incoming mailbox.---1. Me and several other people already have listed the problems in the old forum (reversed mousewheel action/3 engines soundfiles/looped or no pushback sound/disobliging starter buttons/missing altitude alert sound is what comes to mind without flying again). Why should we do that over again, YOU KNOW IT.2. There are only two answers to my simple question. I'll give it to you for free:Q: Will there be a 707 patch?A: 1=YES, 2=NO3. If there was an option to reply to that mail I might do that, like two people having a normal conversation. But I'm not lurking back to that spooky support system again. No way!This thread, and the one regarding the C130 video, states clearly enough that we want the forum back in my world. So dear Captain Sim, let me ask you one more simple question:Q: Will you reopen (or offer a new) forum?Answer options: YES or NOBestEagle

Yes/no answer too much to ask for Captain Sim?Ok, I give up. Bye bye CS!PS: To Realair, PMDG, **, Aerosoft, Flight Factory, Dreamfleet, PSS, FSD, Lago etc.

Guest Captain Sim

Let's clarify the terminology first, "support" and "forum" are quite different things: 1. If you are looking for SUPPORT, please use the Support System at: http://www.captainsim.com/cgi-bin/kb.pl It is proved to be way more effective and convenient place to get a support than browsing through a mix of thousands alike topics/postings on forums. 2. If you are willing to HELP OTHERS, share some Tips and Tricks - please use this section: http://www.captainsim.com/cgi-bin/kb.pl?action=share 3. If you would like to take part in our Contests, Polls, Surveys - please use this section: http://www.captainsim.com/user/wap.html 4. If you are looking for Captain Sim news, announcements, previews etc - they are availble at out our web site. 5. If you would like to talk to Captain Sim team members please use this page: http://www.captainsim.com/company/contact.html 6. If you need a community place, place TO TALK, to share your experience - please use any of your favorite forums. They are independent, no developers' screening and moderation that you get on most developers forums. Enjoy the total freedom of speech ;) Why do you need more? We do not have a forum because we are not sure if our customers really need one. Please do not think if a small group of people need a forum then everyone else need it as well. If at least small % of our customers will request to open the "Captain Sim Community forum", we shall open one.http://www.captainsim.net/pix/avsim_forum.gifwww.captainsim.com

>>>6. If you need a community place, place TO TALK, to share your>experience - please use any of your favorite forums. >They are independent, no developers' screening and moderation>that you get on most developers forums. Enjoy the total>freedom of speech ;) Why do you need more? >>We do not have a forum because we are not sure if our>customers really need one.>forum", we shall open one.>www.captainsim.comWow! I feel like I'm in the middle of an episode of the twilight zone. But let me translate this ghibberish: He, guys, we don't give a flying banana about our customers. But should you ever have any problems with out fine product, just take your sorry behind to some other place, because we sure as #### can't be bothered helping you out. I suggest we open a "Captain Sim Comedy Forum"ricardo