Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Dash-8 sound problem

I have The Majestic Dash -8, with EZDOC Cameras and Accu Feel.I get the sound of the engines while in the cockpit, but when I go outside, no engine sound. There's sound of the engines while outside with all my other aircraft. How can I fix this problem because I love the sound of those engines. Thanks

I can only guess that your sound folder is missing something? Do you get flaps sounds and bells, ticks sound when you press buttoms and switch on safeties???

If you don't then the last part of the sound .cfg is missing...????! I suggest you reinstall or download another dash 8 and copy that sound folder into the Majestics' 

Berlopez

I would avoid using accu-feel or anything else that messes with the sound effects. Maybe there's a conflict. If that doesn't help, and you happen to have windows 7, try setting win7compatibilitymode to 1 instead of 0 in the ini file.

I have in the past included sounds to AC's that don't originaly have them by adding them to the sound.cfg folder and then adding the corresponding .wavs files.

But I wouldn't recommend doing this if one does have a Little amount of expertice to fiddle with these files.

I don't own acc-feel software,so i don't know how it's built, What ever you do make safe copies of the original files, just in case.

berlopez

Maybe you could try experimenting with:

http://fsx.voidstar.co.za/

Banking camera FSX v1.2

Just a suggestion.

Berlopez

With respect, what has the above automated camera movement program got to do with the OP's loss of sound problem?

Graig this s a suggestion, Since it's ot working with Accu Feel I simply thought it might be worth a shot to try with Banking camera, and it being free there would be Little to Loose.

Belopez

Sorry to read this, it really stincks :wink:...I Googled to try to come up with a reasonable answer/solution, even in theire forum there are complaints about the sounds conflicting Now out of my League.

Berlopez