Sign in to follow this  
andyjohnston.net

Unable to Use Flight

As of a couple of days ago, I haven't been able to use flight.  When I try to launch it, the program tries to connect and say my ID can't be found.  Has anyone else seen this?  Is there any way to use it offline?  I bought a lot of DLC, I'd hate to have wasted the spending.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

That's very odd indeed.... never came across that one before!  B)  

But for starters, you need to provide more information about the error that you are facing... there must be some sort of error code.  :huh:

In the mean time see if you can run the GFWL client. If you don't know where this is, go to your Start Menu >> All Programs >> Microsoft Games for Windows Marketplace >> GFWL.exe

Also try and log into your Microsoft account that is associated with your Xbox LIVE account. So go to outlook.com and log in, then go to Xbox.com and click sign in (located at the top right of your screen).

Please also verify that it is not your internet connection that is at fault.  :P

Good Luck!

Please show the exact error message in case someone can help.

Make sure you uncheck remember password and re-enter. Seems to fix log in problems (even though password has not changed.)

I am experiencing the same problem.

On September 21, I returned home from an 18 day trip.  During that time no one had access to my machine.  When I left, Flight was working fine, and I had signed in the day before my departure.  When I returned, the splash screen would come up, but it wouldn't let me sign in, and gave the following error messages:

MS Flight sign-in attempt yields this error message:

"The profile could not be signed in to LIVE.  There may be a network problem or the Windows Live ID service may not be available."

There is also a GFWL error message when I click on MS Games for Windows Marketplace:

"The client must point to the same Windows Live ID environment as the Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant service."

I do not now, nor have I ever had an XBOX Live account.

My machine is running Windows 8.1

I have done the following:
1.  Made sure my network connection is functioning correctly--it is.
2.  Made sure I am signed in to Outlook.com--I am.
3.  I have tried clicking on Games for Windows Marketplace before and after entering the Flight program.  Either way, it gives the above error message.
4.  One of the options in the Sign In dialog box is "Sign in with Another Account."  I tried that using another user ID I have for Outlook.com.  It worked fine and treated me as a brand new user with no history.  It issued me a new user ID and started me on the initial training flight around the balloons.  Now I can't get rid of that account.

UPDATE:

i FOLLOWED WINJIMON'S ADVICE ABOUT "UNCHECK REMEMBER PASSWORD" AND THE SIGN-IN WORKED PERFECTLY.

Thanks winjimon
Dean

If you played Flight before, then you do have an XBOX Live account.  All Microsoft accounts are the same (Xbox LIVE, GFWL, Outlook\Hotmail, OneDrive, etc), they are all Windows Live ID or now known as Microsoft Account.

It is possible some patch was automatically applied, or some change to the server broke it.  Try contacting msflight@microsoft.com

Signed in just now after a few weeks away, no problem.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5