Sign in to follow this  
SamyJay

The Blurries and How to Tweak My i5 4760 to Get Rid of Them

This is why I recommended he get rid of the tweaks. He has tons of tweaks in there that were automatically put in by that Venetubo tweaking thingy and the tweaking program obviously didn't realize whether he had HT turned on or off.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I cant tell any difference performance wise with affinitymask on or off. So i deleted it completely. Best thing is to stay as clean as possible.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Don't use fiberframetimefraction=0.15.  That will only increase blurries.  You will find that higher settings reduce them.

I use 0.4 or 0.5 but if I go too much higher it affects overall performance.  Try 1.5 as an experiment and note the clarity you get at the expense of framerates.

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Okay guys, thanks again.

I just created a new .cfg and just enter two tweaks (one was highmemfix). I did not put all settings to a maximum - it is maybe 60% of the maximum possible settings and I just got that again:

4l9rrlwh.jpg

yeundefa.jpgi2dtk3t4.jpg6rmcpfpn.jpg

@Bjoern: No, I don't have any SSD harddisk which I use for my FSX. Just the standard one. I have already completed the windows defragmenting twice. Is the one via the windows menu not efficient?

Well, Windows Defrag collects files and groups them together, but doesn't sort or prioritize them.

I used to use O&O Defrag which has additional operation modes such as "sort by name", but before you pay 25€ for basically unnecessary software, I'd higly recommend to simply cancel the next FSX payware purchase and buy a 128GB SSD. You can get these for as little as 50€.

http://geizhals.de/?cat=hdssd&xf=1035_SanDisk~2028_256~252_120&sort=p

Next to never having to defrag a hard drive again, an SSD is also way faster than a conventional HDD.

Btw:

The best defragmentation tool I have ever used is MyDefrag. It's free and script based and, depending on your skill and courage, can be perfectly adapted to your FSX partition by means of a custom script. The default scripts still work quite well though, but nothing beats having your entire FSX folder located in the fastest sector of the HDD and alphabetically sorted.

http://www.mydefrag.com/

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Okay guys, thanks again.

I just created a new .cfg and just enter two tweaks (one was highmemfix). I did not put all settings to a maximum - it is maybe 60% of the maximum possible settings and I just got that again:

Could be that you have no anisotropic filtering going on there? Are you using Inspector or Nvidia Control Panel to set up your GPU?

Try setting your Grafik->Filtern to Anisotropic in FSX, and make sure you have Anisotropic filtering set to Override Application Settings + x16 in Inspector or NCP

Could be that you have no anisotropic filtering going on there? Are you using Inspector or Nvidia Control Panel to set up your GPU?

Try setting your Grafik->Filtern to Anisotropic in FSX, and make sure you have Anisotropic filtering set to Override Application Settings + x16 in Inspector or NCP

I have nothing selected in my FSX and I am using NVI Inspector. I do have GPU options available from ASUS but have never used them sofar.