Sign in to follow this  
SpeedBird4509

New Nvidia Driver 344.11 Released

Anyone try it yet?  does it fix the tesselation issue?

Edited by firehawk44
Edited title in all caps (shouting). Shouting is impolite.

I haven't tried this one yet, but the beta just prior still had the same issue in p3d. I'll try it out and see.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Installing now

From the release notes!

 [GeForce GTX 780 Ti][Prepar3]: Some triangles are missing from the terrain. [1525813]

This means they know we exist!!

Even if they don't know how to spell our name correctly, there is a chance for us!!

confirmed, it fixes the tessellation problem.  I don't think I'm seeing any other improvements, but that's a start.

Yes, these drivers seem to work well in P3d v2.. No more funny triangles all over.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Yes, drivers seem to work very well ... butter smooth in P3D.

Cheers, Rob.

Sorry Rob,

It is not butter smooth the drivers work other issues still exist!...I appreciate we all see things differently.....still not there with the performance yet FPS is good but the scenery has problems.

All the best

Not sure but there may actually be some special sauce in these here drivers.  I am seeing less microstutter, much less in some scenarios.  

OK. I have a question. If the new drivers do nothing more than fix something that was broken in the previous release, what's the impetus to upgrade?

Thanks,

Graham

OK. I have a question. If the new drivers do nothing more than fix something that was broken in the previous release, what's the impetus to upgrade?

Thanks,

Graham

Because there is hope that Nvidia will solve the problems that LM does not know how to solve.

cause a fix for one of the other games might be a fix P3D needed too.  Eat your vegetables and be quiet.

I also see that my P3D got a little smoother. It's not a major improvement and the stutter is still there, but it decreased enough that I have to pay attention to it to notice and only when looking straight down from the side window.

I'm happy with the new driver. :D

Cheers!

Maarten

It is not butter smooth the drivers work other issues still exist!

So it's not smooth on your system therefore it can't be smooth on anyone else's system?  I hope that's not what you are suggesting?

You Tube Video:

Also uploaded the mp4 video on my google drive (about 1GB) -- suggest you download playback local if you still see stutters:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw0Q-fAfEZwySmprd1hsQXRKWk0/edit?usp=sharing

Beyond that, I'm not going to continue on with the endless stutter debates ... solutions exists if you want them, if not, stick with whatever works for you.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: The new drivers now support 4K recordings ... haven't tried it yet, but will see how it goes later this week or weekend.