Sign in to follow this  
SpeedBird4509

New Nvidia Driver 344.11 Released

So it's not smooth on your system therefore it can't be smooth on anyone else's system?  I hope that's not what you are suggesting?

You Tube Video:

Also uploaded the mp4 video on my google drive (about 1GB) -- suggest you download playback local if you still see stutters:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw0Q-fAfEZwySmprd1hsQXRKWk0/edit?usp=sharing

Beyond that, I'm not going to continue on with the endless stutter debates ... solutions exists if you want them, if not, stick with whatever works for you.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: The new drivers now support 4K recordings ... haven't tried it yet, but will see how it goes later this week or weekend.

thanks Rob, downloading drivers as we speak, you made me buy KTVL  :lol:

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

OK. I have a question. If the new drivers do nothing more than fix something that was broken in the previous release, what's the impetus to upgrade?

Try and you will know it. No disadvantage of doing this.

Spirit

 [GeForce GTX 780 Ti][Prepar3]: Some triangles are missing from the terrain. [1525813]

This means they know we exist!!

Even if they don't know how to spell our name correctly, there is a chance for us!!

They only understand gaming-ish :-) Lords of Shadow 2, Prepar 3 ...

Despite happy they fixed that bug.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

cause a fix for one of the other games might be a fix P3D needed too.  Eat your vegetables and be quiet.

listen to your mother!

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

OK. I have a question. If the new drivers do nothing more than fix something that was broken in the previous release, what's the impetus to upgrade?

Thanks,

Graham

Graham, I am seeing better resolution (clarity) with this driver...BUT...I now have black diagonal flashes (artifacts)from the top right, to the lower left of the screen. They happen when I pan either to look out my left, or right side cockpit window, and am banking in the process. I have never had this issue with any prior nVidia driver suite.  Also...I have discovered that under the Water Shader Section, if you click-off Buildings, and Vegetation, in the sub-mask, this set of drivers had me go from a fluctuating 15-31...to a most constant 27-31 FPS.  I have everything else on the WATER sub-mask as enabled. I also have Water as set to on in the main slider, as full right.  I don't know if I can live with these black diagonal flashes....might have to go back to the 337.88's (no artifacts...)   The performance from this driver suite, (on a GTX680 2GB) is not 'Holy Grail' enough, to have me recommend someone to go from the most stable 337.88's to these.  Nope...  If your card shows no artifacts as I have described...then sure...why not...but no real 'Holy Grail' happening....

Post Edit:  (in flight...)  I am getting constant micro-stutter (screen update stutter) with this set.  After this flight..am going back to the 337.88's.  No stutter (screen update) with those...  I hope everybody has better experiences with the latest from the big 'N'....and oh yes...I did a SHADER folder deletion, and then system re-boot, before taking this flight...

If it's good enough for Rob it's good enough for me. The p3D GURU has spoken and blessed it. I will load it later today. Rob on another note any comments as to what's coming down the road with P3d? I figure if anyone in our community knows it would be you.

EDIT: The new drivers now support 4K recordings ... haven't tried it yet, but will see how it goes later this week or weekend.

Rob, are you using the 4k settings on your website for that video?  The antialiasing seems to be leagues ahead of what I get with 8x msaa at 1080.

They only understand gaming-ish :-) Lords of Shadow 2, Prepar 3 ...

hahaha

Ryan

I understand one needs to rebuild the shaders after installing a new card. Is this also required when installing only new drivers?

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

I understand one needs to rebuild the shaders after installing a new card. Is this also required when installing only new drivers?

Can't hurt and it's nothing more than deleting a folder so there's no reason not to.

No need to do. What should have a new driver has any effect to the shaders? But as others say it doesn't hurt so much to delete this folder.

Spirit

Hi Rob,

No not insinuating that we all see stutters far from it as my post said we all see things differently.

I have been plagued by the scenery micro stutters for want of a better description since I installed P 3d if I turn off Aero not stutters but bad waves turn on Aero micro stuttering scenery as soon as I get airborne and in any banking.

You video is what I would expect but I just do not see it, I do not run any AG do not like it so the system is not being taxed I run a I7 2600k oc to 4.5 and a gtx 770 4gb all at low temps....tried with AV on and off no difference....

I do not claim to be an expert in any of this I appreciate you seem to be far more converse with the software but this must be either a small software glitch or driver problem...it does not happen on other sims....not getting into that!

I like p3d but not like I have it......I tried running the AXE and UK 2000 EGKK some UT and it just is a slide show....I only do airliners not GA?...

Anyway my. Statement stands I am not the only one seeing stutters...but that does not mean everyone!

All the best

I am getting constant micro-stutter (screen update stutter) with this set.  After this flight..am going back to the 337.88's.

Just curious, do you run 337.88 with tessellation on to avoid R6025 crash?  Tessellation decrease performance, but I have to use it to avoid the R6025 error.

Thanks

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Did a clean install of the new drivers, deleted shaders, and no issues at all runs great.

Can't really notice any difference between the old version that worked (337) and this one, but glad to be back to current drivers.

Can't hurt and it's nothing more than deleting a folder so there's no reason not to.

No need to do. What should have a new driver has any effect to the shaders? But as others say it doesn't hurt so much to delete this folder.

Spirit

Ok thanks. So no need to rebuild the shaders. I'm satisfied with these drivers. Performance on my ancient GTX460 is excellent, but I also didn't have any complaints with the 340.52 drivers. For those with the blue triangle bug this new driver may be a welcome solution.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS