Sign in to follow this  
SpeedBird4509

New Nvidia Driver 344.11 Released

Rob on another note any comments as to what's coming down the road with P3d?

I've been given some hints, but can't discuss right now, sorry.

Graham, I am seeing better resolution (clarity) with this driver...BUT...I now have black diagonal flashes (artifacts)from the top right, to the lower left of the screen.

Sounds like you've got something else going ... assume you checked the "clean install" option for the driver and did a "restore" to defaults in the nVidia Control panel for Prepar3d?  I'm not using nVidia Inspector any more ... I used all "defaults" for Prepar3D in the nVidia control - so no tweaks at all.

What should have a new driver has any effect to the shaders?

Technically I agree, it shouldn't, but sometimes they do (shader code has GPU detection processing - shader level support, etc. - so if it finds something different with the new driver it could want to do something different) ... I deleted my shaders after updating the driver.

Settings I use are here: http://www.robainscough.com/P3D_V2.php  - ignore the first nVidia Control Panel image as I'm currently using all defaults in the Control Panel.

I haven't spent much time with these drivers, just install and go ... but maybe that's a good thing.

Cheers, Rob.

Glad you like 'em Mitch now maybe your gauges wont look so oval in your screenshots... :rofl:

Blaze...I'm an 'oval' kinda guy...grew up on Ovaltine....mom wouldn't stock chocolate mix....so...what can I say...they still look good to me...oh..can you pass over that spoon....yeah...the tablespoon....good...thanks...oh heck...that gallon of milk, as well.....

Now it's time to get off the computer, and onto a motorcycle saddle...

Ba-bye....

Fall-------------------------------------[ in sunshine]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->ride....

Blaze...I'm an 'oval' kinda guy...grew up on Ovaltine....mom wouldn't stock chocolate mix....so...what can I say...they still look good to me...oh..can you pass over that spoon....yeah...the tablespoon....good...thanks...oh heck...that gallon of milk, as well.....

Now it's time to get off the computer, and onto a motorcycle saddle.

Hey Mitch, sometimes (most of the time) Satire doesn't work well via forum threads. I don't think your gauges looked oval in your screenshots... I thought that guys perception was off and I hadn't even started drinking :drinks:.  Enjoy your ride Buddy I wish I could cruise along with ya... :Peace:

RE Thomason Jr.

Now it's time to get off the computer, and onto a motorcycle saddle...

Ba-bye....

Fall-------------------------------------[ in sunshine]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->ride....

OMG Mitch, Ovaltine. I loved that stuff. I have forgotten all about it. Now I can't think of anything else. Can you still buy it?

Bob

Hi,

Really can't tell much difference, but then again... my sim has been running great since 2.3.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

The section is tilted - "Undefined"

This section has been there before this release and may pre-date v2. As far as I know this section has not changed, but I am happy to be proved wrong.. I can't be bothered to roll back to check.

Most of the profile values in NI or through the driver 3D settings do nothing, just as in all the previous releases. I can't speak for SLI as I don't have it, so its possible there is some change there.

Hi,

Really can't tell much difference, but then again... my sim has been running great since 2.3.

If anything major had occurred with this release, other than the obvious tessellation fix,you would have heard directly from LM.

As to what everyone is 'seeing', well.....

OMG Mitch, Ovaltine. I loved that stuff. I have forgotten all about it. Now I can't think of anything else. Can you still buy it?

Bob

Have three jars in the larder...

Have three jars in the larder...

Mitch, I forgot to tell. I did try Ovaltine about 10 years ago, but the recipe did change. I remember that it was missing something. It just did not taste the same.

Bob

Beyond that, I'm not going to continue on with the endless stutter debates ... solutions exists if you want them, if not, stick with whatever works for you.

Fair enough. Not to extend the debate, but could we get a list of some of the solution sources? I personally don't notice a great deal of micro stuttering; some though.

However, occasionally, the flight will freeze for about .25 to 1 second.

Thanks,

Graham

Thanks for the heads up on what the new drivers will/will not do. I will certainly upgrade.

OK. No squash, turnips or parsnips.

Graham

Definitely a P3D bug in my book.

It can't be a P3D bug because by definition they would not be able to compile a base P3D if this error existed.  It has to be an addon that is making the function call, or some system out of P3D.  A callback is likely.  But not a call from within P3D to P3D code.

N1G, on 19 Sept 2014 - 1:16 PM, said:

Mitch, I forgot to tell. I did try Ovaltine about 10 years ago, but the recipe did change. I remember that it was missing something. It just did not taste the same.

Bob

Bob,try the original.

Not one itty bitty difference at all for me. I was on the 333 or 334 something. 

Bob