Sign in to follow this  
Fonchy

Tileproxy R

TileProxy_R086 is now available from the AVSIM library.  Here is the link:

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=tileproxy+R086&CatID=root&Go=Search

I will add TileProxy_R086 to the Simviation library today.

Enjoy,

John G.

Thanks alot for your efforts!

Greatly appreciated...

I read somewhere, that Google Maps should work with this version?!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Hmm - I'm still having problems with this filter-driver ... I'm running Windows 7 x64.

Is it still neccessary to disable driver enforcement? (thought that the driver was now OK with this release...) :)

Apparently it IS still nessaccary -- oh, well ... I got it installed ... but it isn't downloading any maps... What services are you using? 

Thanks! :)

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

I got it installed ... but it isn't downloading any maps... What services are you using?

Service1 (Bing) is the only one that is fully functional world-wide.  Service0 (Norway)  works well in Norway - as you might expect...:>).  The ProxyUser.ini provided in the R086 download should work and is set for Service1.  Be sure you fix the path to the cache_folders that match your cache folder locations, typically set to the following:

cache_folder=C:\Microsoft Games\cache.service1

Good luck,

John G.

Okay - thanks alot! Got it working... through a little 'detour' ;)

Is it neccassary to disable Driver Enforcement for you too?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Is it necessary to disable Driver Enforcement for you too?

Yes, it is still necessary to fix the tileproxy.sys unsigned driver enforcement problem.  If you see a DOS screen like this:

https://dl.dropboxus...gned_driver.jpg

Are you running windows 7?  If so, then here is the permanent fix for unsigned drivers from a previous post of mine::

1. Download dseo13b.exe from here:

https://dl.dropboxus...922/dseo13b.exe

This is the driver signature enforcement overrider program.

2. Run it - Check Enable Test mode and click next and OK

3. Check Sign a System File and click next and insert a filename.  You can copy and paste this : C:\Windows\System32\drivers\tileproxy.sys

4. Click OK and OK

5. Check Exit and click next  - Now restart PC and restart TileProxy.

That should fix the problem.

Yes, it is still necessary to fix the tileproxy.sys unsigned driver enforcement problem.  If you see a DOS screen like this:

https://dl.dropboxus...gned_driver.jpg

Are you running windows 7?  If so, then here is the permanent fix for unsigned drivers from a previous post of mine::

1. Download dseo13b.exe from here:

https://dl.dropboxus...922/dseo13b.exe

This is the driver signature enforcement overrider program.

2. Run it - Check Enable Test mode and click next and OK

3. Check Sign a System File and click next and insert a filename.  You can copy and paste this : C:\Windows\System32\drivers\tileproxy.sys

4. Click OK and OK

5. Check Exit and click next  - Now restart PC and restart TileProxy.

That should fix the problem.

Thanks alot for the explanation... I got it working now... 

In the beginning, I got a lot of 404 errors (tiles requested not found?)... 

I seem to have solved it, by commenting out the level-mapping in the service ... (I guess, that TP was requesting tiles in a resolution which didn't exist?!)... 

Also - unlimited framerate seem to improve performance considerably... 

Still testing ... but thanks for your efforts! ;)

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Hi everyone, confirming FSX STEAM is working with the tileproxy r version , juste disable api hooking .

# Experimental API Hooking section. Disable if you see strange crashes and effects.

# Currently we only have the DirectX 9 hook. More hooks are planned.

enable_hooking=No

#enable_hooking=Yes

It works well in P3D with using either the Estonia migration tool or copying Prepar3d.exe and renaming it to fsx.exe so we have both fsx.exe and prepar3d.exe in the base directory. My question to the developer of Tileproxy R when you edited the source code did you notice a simple way of just compiling a p3d version so we can bypass this process?

Now that pmdg released the 777 for P3D they blocked symbiotic links and it does not work with Estonia anymore at which point we simply can not fly the pmdg 777 in p3d with tileproxy.

The speed is night and day imo. I upgraded to p3d 2.5 and with the new tile proxy and my ssd I can fly at 300 kts at 5000-8000 feet and have good texture loads. I also found a way to have some nice correctly placed autogen in many places which is another reason I'm using tile proxy more.

I also found a way to have some nice correctly placed autogen in many places which is another reason I'm using tile proxy more.

Please tell us how you corrected the placement of autogen objects.  Will it work with FSX and/or FSX:SE?

I have corrected the location of many airports in places I frequently fly so that they match the real-world satellite TileProxy imagery.  I got tired of landing at airports that were sometimes 1km off their correct location (for example, LFLJ Courcheval, France - see pix below).  Here are the links to some of these airports I have put in the AVSIM Library:

LFLJ Courcheval stock FSX airport

LFLJ Courcheval relocated for TileProxy

15 French Alps Airports - FSX with TileProxy

New Hampshire & Vermont - 21 Airports Package

25 Central Massachusetts Airports

I have switched to FSX:SE and find at least double the FPS! Nice...

John G.

Sure, ever since tile proxy came out I've been trying to reconcile this. The autogen is converted from osm buildings,trees and object data. You first need to download a tool called scenproc from http://www.scenerydesign.org/scenproc/ designed by Arno. The next thing is to download the osm data usually in a .shp file, you can do a Google search or I usually download from the geofrabrik.de website. After you convert the osm data to agn files they should be correctly placed via geo coordinates and you can find the correct texture folder in the tileproxy world folder to put it in using a tile finding tool and bam you'll have 1000s of autogen. Keep in mind that many regions in the world still have no data but Some places have entire cities.

For those who successfully run TR in P3D v2 (mine is v2.5), do you have to any other thing after copy the prepar3d.exe, paste it in the same folder from where you copy the prepar3d.exe, and rename it as fsx.exe?

I did so, and when I click on the fake fsx.exe(after initializing TR of course), the program starts for about 1 minute. When it finished loading the scenery indexes and the TR DOS window shows "the default aircraft LAT/Lon"...etc nothing happened afterwards. The fsx/fake P3D froze at the start-up screen and never went in to the scenario setting menu.

I've come this far to get TR working under win7 64bit and I hate to see I have to stop here - help please.