Sign in to follow this  
raptorcub

Internet connection required

The PMDG NGX -800 requires an internet connection. I obviously have one, but my gaming computer does not. Can the package be purchased, activated on my net computer and played on the non-net one?

Can the package be purchased, activated on my net computer and played on the non-net one?

From the purchase page:

PMDG 737NGX BASE PACKAGE for Flight Simulator X.
DOWNLOAD DELIVERY ONLY!.
INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED TO INSTALL.

Digitally delivered products are not refundable!

Based on the way it's worded, the installation requires the internet.  It's not just an activation thing.

Kyle Rodgers

The PMDG NGX -800 requires an internet connection. I obviously have one, but my gaming computer does not. Can the package be purchased, activated on my net computer and played on the non-net one?

Sorry, But I have to ask, whats the point of a PC that is not connected to the internet?

Sorry, But I have to ask, whats the point of a PC that is not connected to the internet?

To use FSX correctly there is no point in having a computer if it is not connected to the Internet. A lot of things can be done on a computer without the Internet (Excel, Word, Paint, etc.) but FSX with add-ons is not one of them.

To use FSX correctly there is no point in having a computer if it is not connected to the Internet. A lot of things can be done on a computer without the Internet (Excel, Word, Paint, etc.) but FSX with add-ons is not one of them.

Well maybe in the 90's I could have agreed with you. But its hard for me to imagine doing anything in this day and age that doesn't require googling something.

magine doing anything in this day and age that doesn't require googling something.

Painting, brake changes, rotor changes, oil changes, tire changes, installing a new washing machine, and driving do not require googling it.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Painting, brake changes, rotor changes, oil changes, tire changes, installing a new washing machine, and driving do not require googling it.

WOW, your PC can change your breaks? oil, and tires? install a new washing machine and drive? all without an internet connection, some PC you must have there.

Yes, we were talking about doing things with a PC...

Shame you didnt bother to read it properly or add anything productive to this conversation.

Shame you didnt bother to read it properly or add anything productive to this conversation.

First off, I know the initial topic has to do with a PC. I was responding to you directly. You said that you find it hard to "imagine doing anything in this day and age that doesn't require googling something". Emphasis on anything. I was just saying that there are things that do not require googling said things.

Now to me contributing adding anything productive to this conversation. Perhaps I did. Maybe I didn't but I think that's in the eye of the beholder.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I have internet access (obviously since I'm here), just not on the gaming pc. I thought gaming performance is better without antivirus running.

I thought gaming performance is better without antivirus running.

You may be able to increase your performance a little if you exclude your FSX directory from being scanned. Or whatever Ryan says in the beginning of the intro manual.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I really haven't noticed any performance issues...I'm running FSX options maxed out on my Falcon Talon...guess it was a habit carried over from long ago. I use a flash drive to transfer FSX add-ons that I get from my internet

computer/sources. I'll have to reconsider.