Sign in to follow this  
ggi

C207

Does anyone know whats happened to the Cessna 207? Its looked close to release for months on the Incomings page, but sadly no further news. I hope nothing too major is holding up the release.

Alabeo posted something on Facebook about the 207 within 5 or so minutes of you posting this here, go check it out!

Good news indeed - I'm not on FB or Twitter, so thanks for the news update!!!

Yes, they increased the price on this C207, just $1 after the Cardinal, I got it and it worth the 30 price tag...is a C207, of course, bigger than the Cardinal, and the most bigger of their fleet, could be the reason of the price increase...btw I compared it to the C206 or C182, and I find it even cheaper...not the common price of 34-37 or even 39.95 price tag of the Carenado's fleet (sometimes because of glass) (Carenado and Alabeo are the same company), so I have a Carenado/Alabeo C207 for a very decent price.

IMO is a right price, it worths it, and it's logic the price increase, the aircraft is bigger...

On the other hand, for some reason, I would give a try for a 19.95$ product but for 29.95 I want to know that it is good and to be sure I would use it regularly. I know, it´s on $10 but that´s the way it goes.

On the other hand, for some reason, I would give a try for a 19.95$ product but for 29.95 I want to know that it is good and to be sure I would use it regularly. I know, it´s on $10 but that´s the way it goes.

Yes, I fully agree! $20-$23 was the right amount of money for these kind of addons: Beautiful models with the functionality of a FSX default plane, average sounds and FDs and no manual. $30 is just too much for what is offered. 

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

How does it compare to the Carenado big Piper Saratoga? I wanted to like that, but never really got there. Not sure about $30 either...

Tim-HH

Do I read you right? There is no manual for their planes? Any of them? I don't want to go there again. I am struggling with the Carenado Beech 1900. There at least ought to be a chart labeling what everything is on the panel. All I got was a check list - turn this on, turn this off, set this, etc. It would be nice to know just where on the panel the pressurization controls are for example.

$30 and no RXP430 integration. Shame

Tim-HH

Do I read you right? There is no manual for their planes? Any of them?

Yes, that's right! The Staggerwing and the Waco came completely without any kind of documentation - only a one page datasheet with very limited informations. With the newer ones like the Tomahawk or the C195 you get a least a few checklists. But nothing that I would describe as a manual.

But actually you do not really need a manual for their addons. If you can fly the FSX default aircrafts, you can fly every Alabeo aircraft without any problems. And that's fine for $20. But not enough for a $30 addon.

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

I hope they are reading this since I think that you guys have a point when it comes to the price range.

Can't blame them for bad FDEs (Bernt Stolle involved, mostly, which is excellent) or their bias on old-ish planes with steam gauges but the fascination also arose from a sweet spot on the pricing, making you forget about this or that issue or some very default systems.

Is not a badly done aircraft, I just see it like I continued my Cessna fleet after the CT206H...I got a C207 for 30, instead of 34.95 of the CT206H, was not that bad, but I have just purchased from Alabeo the 177 and 207, not the rest of their fleet ;)

It does have procedures manual, performance charts and RXP integration...

I see Alabeo as a cheaper aircraft seller from Carenado, under the name "Alabeo", because that's what it is...