Sign in to follow this  
whiggy

Problem to save panelstate with APU running

Hmm ok but should a panelstate not include all states? (also battery knob)

Yes it should and it does.

I don't know what order things are loaded and saved in. Or whether the simulation is paused while the panels initialise. But, if the APU model was to see the battery switch off before the panel state has finished loading then it would shut the APU down. Even though the battery switch is set to on later in the panel load.

When you load the short turn panel state with the battery switched off does it remain off after the panel state has loaded?

ki9cAAb.jpg

When you load the short turn panel state with the battery switched off does it remain off after the panel state has loaded?

No, only APU does not start.

No, only APU does not start.

I've just tried this on my NGX and it does exactly the same as you reported. The APU runs down (you can see APU EGT decreasing once the power comes on). I normally use the short turn state as my default load so have never noticed this before. If you set short turn as your default panel state load it should work OK for you too. Or remember to switch the battery switch on first.

As I said earlier, I suspect this is to do with the order the panel state is loaded in various systems modules.

You ought to open a support ticket about this on the PMDG support portal. I'm surprised it hasn't been reported before. That way a fix might get into SP2 (whenever that appears). Let us know in this thread what they say.

ki9cAAb.jpg

This can get a little involved, but you can try and compare the 2 panel state files you have in the panelstate folder (\FSX\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\PanelState)

Open it in notepad (or any text editor)

Look for the [APU] section in "NGX SHORT.sav" and your panel save [APU] section and match them up.

I had the same problem in creating my own cold and dark panel state, I wanted to turn off the virtual cdu power when the bat is off, which is impossible to do from the simulator.

Since you need the CDU to save the panelstate, so I edited the panelstate and set MenuVirtualPower=0, to fix it.

It might work for u.

The problem isn't with a user created panel state, it is the PMDG default SHORT TURN panel state.

ki9cAAb.jpg