Sign in to follow this  

PSS A330/340

Guest monsoon

I just want to know WHY the 330/340 suck the living fps out of my computer. thats all

You have a crappy computer. I get great fps with the A330/340.

Eric 

I also get frame rates and you mentioned this before in a previous post. Honestly, it probably does have something to do with your setup.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest monsoon

Crappy computer?3.2 OC'ed to 3.7ATI X800pro1 gig OCZ 3200ASUS p4c800e deluxeNot what I would call a crappy setup. Guys I don't know what your definition of good frames are but maybe mine is higher.eg. I am sitting in KATL on VATSIM using activesky. I have my fps locked at 26. I load pmdg. PEGGED at locked fps. I immediately load LDS. PEGGED at locked fps. I then load feelthere ERJ. PEGGED at locked fps. I then load right away PSS and fps jump from 25 to 18 - 24 - 12 - 25. Why nopt pegged at the locked fps like the rest of the addons. You can not tell me there is something wrong with the PSS after that test. The other panels I load are the latest and greatest and you would think they would bog down my system. so why then?

Guest FattyBear

I don't even bother with PSS panels anymore. Just stick with LDS or PMDG. I get the FPS problem, but I don't really mind because there are panels light years ahead of PSS's that I use anyway, so I don't use PSS panels. Boeings are better anyway :)

Same here, excellent performance.

Guest monsoon

Can you guys let me know what excellent performance is? Settings on high too? Also what is your settings on the performance when you go to your MCDU and click data and performance settings. i have 0 selected for the PFD, ND, and E/WD. The SD and MCDu refresh are both set at 3. I find the FPS makes a big difference depending on what you have set here. Finally what is your fps when you have the PFD,ND, and E/WD all double clicked to have them zoomed?

Guest vas_yan

Settings very high, resolution 1280*1024, detailed airport, AS4.5, frames locked at 20, haven't tried with AI traffic though, I prefer online flight. Don't underestimate the PSS planes, they lack a few pages on the mcdu, failures and antialiased gauges but apart from that little else. Having said that I use the panels merged with IFDG planes. Edit to say that I have the two main gauges refresh rate set to 0 also, the others I don't remember. And I fly most of the critical phases of flight with these two zoomed.Regards,

yes, everything on high. 25-30 fps almost everywhere, smooth as silk, and looking great.With framerates locked at 20 (which I usually do and which is more than enough) solid 20 fps.And that's with 3 year old hardware, I got this computer around the time FS2002 hit the streets.

Guest uncle owen

The best info I can give you on this problem is it uninstall these aircraft and don

Here we go again!How boring! :-violinWolfgang

Guest uncle owen

Here we go again! Yep telling the truth and saving someone a lot of timeHow boring! Yep all righty then

Many many are getting great perf with the PSS A330/340. I get consistent 24-25fps (locked at 25). This is with SB3 and Activesky 4.5 going. I also have 10 layers of clouds with AS 4.5. I run a 3.2Ghz with 1GB of RAM and a 9800Pro card. Seems like the bug is with the operators, not the product.

Eric 

Guest uncle owen

Cap your frame rate to 24-25 to cover up the bug will work but will not remove the bug. The bug is a a frame rate drop of around ten frames every 2-3 secs Funny how other Aircraft don

Guest vas_yan

First of all, I suspect that the original poster hasn't done his research in the relevant forums...If that's so, time to get back there on the double and start searching old threads...Maybe you'll also find something there to help with that flickering mouse... ;)Regards,