Sign in to follow this  
solfern

Low performance on Win 8.1

Hi all!

I had no problem running FSX on highest settings on Win 7. On Windows 8.1 Pro x64 I'm getting only about 20 fps, when I lower settings, it does not help, fps will increase only a little bit (about 5 fps).

System specs are following:

Fujitsu Siemens E754 laptop, i5 4200M 2.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, 2x 128GB SSD, Intel HD 4600 graphics.

Any ideas guys? If duplicate topic, please don't get angry, I suck at searching.

TY, Daniel

Try to disable as much unneded background programs and Windows services as you can.

Did you use the same laptop with Windows 7 or are we talking desktop vs laptop performance?

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I know older Intel graphics GPU's were generally poor performers when it came to running simulators, perhaps that is still the case? 

Also, a CPU at 2.5 GHz is very slow for FSX.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

FSX works better with a dedicated video card and not the one built into your CPU. How were you able to run FSX w/max settings with your current system?

Moving to AVSIM Hardware Forum.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "WIN8 OS Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.