Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Frustrated with 'the situation'

In the majority of life's areas, if someone wants something, it's readily available or doable. It may be expensive or rare but it's available or there are good other options.

Every time I fire up FSX I grumble to myself about the fact that there isn't a fast enough CPU in the world. I'm happy as heck with FSX but it runs just too darn slow.

And NO, I will not lower my settings. Its 2014, I require/demand visuals of today. Problem is, there is not hardware 'today' to run it at today's visuals.  :(

Why can't someone smart figure out how to use today's available tech to force any program run way faster. You know like how Raid 0 works with hard drives.

Maybe it is time for you to get a new video card..

I do not have the world's fastest system, but with a 4770K @ 4.0 and a GTX770, my FSX is smooth as a baby's bottom, flying over Orbx scenery in my F33 Bonanza, RealAir Scout, or RV7 - and I could not be happier  :rolleyes:

Bert

With all due respect, it sounds to me that you haven't thought your sentiments through.  I work in healthcare where all people want is to walk again, or live cancer free or see their loved ones alive again.  And not matter how much work and/or money you throw at it, sometimes that's just not possible. 

Perhaps some reflection would be in order.  Lowering your graphics settings just a bit to be able to enjoy this game would hardly be the end of the world.

Eric Szczesniak

With all due respect, it sounds to me that you haven't thought your sentiments through.  I work in healthcare where all people want is to walk again, or live cancer free or see their loved ones alive again.  And not matter how much work and/or money you throw at it, sometimes that's just not possible.

There's something wrong with your ears, he won't be excluding that, we're talking about flight simulation.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

There's something wrong with your ears, he won't be excluding that, we're talking about flight simulation.

In the majority of life's areas, if someone wants something, it's readily available or doable. It may be expensive or rare but it's available or there are good other options.

That sure sounds like a major life crisis we're talking about here.  Not a flight simulation.

Eric Szczesniak

That sure sounds like a major life crisis we're talking about here.

I too would like a 9GHz PC, it's not a crisis. Maybe really is time to get those ears checked out.

Perhaps some reflection would be in order.  Lowering your graphics settings just a bit to be able to enjoy this game would hardly be the end of the world.

I understand where you are coming from, one man's problems is another man's envy sort of thing.

So yeah, I'm feeling first world selfish at the moment and looking at all the jawdropping tech we have yet are unable to get or force something old (FSX) to go fast as we want.

Heck, if my idea of Raiding CPUs could happen, perhaps we would have enough CPU power to help solve more disease, tissue or human physical issues.

Yea tell me about it. My Internet connection runs at like 300bps.  Yikes

Regards

jja

Oh don't even get me started on broadband and cell phone coverage. That's another whole huge peev of mine i.e. elitists in the urban area thing.

I'm feeling first world selfish

No need to apologise Derek.

I believe VB looks after someone and knows all about "healthcare sentiment".

Maybe it is time to get a new video card..

I do not have the world's fastest system, but with a 4770K @ 4.0 and a GTX770, my FSX is smooth as a baby's bottom, flying over Orbx scenery in my F33 Bonanza, RealAir Scout, or RV7 - and I could not be happier  :rolleyes:

FSX is made for small GA. The real trouble and limits with the sim show up when you try flying big airliners like the PMDG 777X.

FSX is made for small GA. The real trouble and limits with the sim show up when you try flying big airliners like the PMDG 777X.

Small GA really ? I fly the PMDG 777, and my sim does not slow down. FS9 I flew airliners as well, and fs versions before. A GA only sim, I don't think so.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Well said. I was thinking the same.

So many references to demanding this, wanting that, refusing to do this. I'm not judging you OP, but with that outlook, you set yourself up for nothing but suffering. The world will disappoint.

There's something wrong with your ears.

Maybe really is time to get those ears checked out.

I don't recall you ever coming across that rude Steve. It's quite out of character. The point made by Eric was perfectly reasonable when you reflect on the demanding, sense of entitlement, and lack of perspective evident in the original post.

I don't think it warranted a Developer on the scene, who normally comes across as measured and helpful to be making sarcastic comments about someone's ears and hearing.

Small GA really ? I fly the PMDG 777, and my sim does not slow down. FS9 I flew airliners as well, and fs versions before. A GA only sim, I don't think so.

+++1 Julian.

So many references to demanding this, wanting that, refusing to do this. I'm not judging you OP, but with that outlook, you set yourself up for nothing but suffering. The world will disappoint.

Couldn't agree more.  Also not judging, but instead offering advice... contrary to your (the OP's) statements, there are many things in life you can't have no matter your resources.  If you expect otherwise, you're definitely going to be frustrated.  A lot.

Maybe I've been around too long, but I'm continually stunned at what we DO have.  That doesn't mean I think things are perfect, or that I don't wish for better this or better that.  Just sayin' - take the long view and think about how far things have come.  And realize that there is still significant progress being made.

Scott

Dude wants His 7+ year old sim to run half as good as what modern games run like....whats wrong about that?

We are on a flightsim site, not a world topic or life contemplation site....jeezzz