Sign in to follow this  
KSATRoadWarrior

JetBlue Flight 1416 Sept 19, 2014 Engine shut down PAX view

Media and public over hyped, as usual.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I saw this on the evening news.  Engine failed, smoke entered the cabin, my guess would be through a cabin environment control bleed.  It looks like the crew did a good job with keeping the passengers informed and calm.  Nice landing, especially considering it was done on one engine.  Conclusion:  things can and do go wrong, crews making the right decisions and doing it quickly, then executing correct procedures can make the difference between a safe ending to the event versus a disaster.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Anyone recognise where it landed? Was not sure if that was Perth,WA.

Did you notice the decent angle after the notification? He must have had to drop quickly. Great job.

Anyone recognise where it landed? Was not sure if that was Perth,WA.

They returned to Long Beach.

I read an article that described the smoke in the cabin as being so thick that "you were unable to see the passenger sitting next to you." Then I saw the video...

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

They returned to Long Beach.

My bad. I was getting mixed up with Jetstar with whom I flew Singapore-Perth, and Jetblue.

Thanks for the clarification anyway.