Sign in to follow this  
airpanther

Photos: Home cockpit with PMDG 777 undocked avionics

Bravo to PMDG for a magnificent product! I undocked the upper and lower EICAS screens and slid them to seperate monitors for use in my homebuilt 777 sim. I'm looking forward to integrating more switches using the SDK.

15258773321_5e597e71ec_b.jpg

15261861665_853c1b8f18_b.jpg

15055873299_32639f3d50_b.jpg

Regards,

Robert Prather

777simulator.com

@Pankaj D: Thanks for your comments!

@vickyj20: I've always wanted to try flying with the A320 side sticks :-) Best wishes with your project!

Robert

Very nice setup Robert! The beauty of these setups is higher FPS & no issues with OOMS.  I have  a similar setup with the A320 using FS9

Am hoping FSLABS will release in 2015 so I can convert the sim to FSX.  Btw what yoke do you use? Lack of decent force feed back full size yokes have always put me off building a Boeing home simulator.

Cheers

Rob Prest

Very nice setup Robert! The beauty of these setups is higher FPS & no issues with OOMS.

better FPS and no OOMs....interesting, why is that?

Rob Robson

better FPS and no OOMs....interesting, why is that?

Same reason why I have no issues when I remove the external 777 model.  Remove the entire 777 VC and just use undocked screens/keyboard shortcuts, performance goes through the roof.  

The 3D modeling of the aircraft & Flightdeck is what causes issues for many. 

Rob Prest

How do you remove the vc in 777 then to do that

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Very nice setup Robert! The beauty of these setups is higher FPS & no issues with OOMS.  I have  a similar setup with the A320 using FS9

Am hoping FSLABS will release in 2015 so I can convert the sim to FSX.  Btw what yoke do you use? Lack of decent force feed back full size yokes have always put me off building a Boeing home simulator.

Cheers

Hi Rob, if you don't mind me asking -- which A320 avionics software are you using? 

My setup is with Jeehell FMGS right now, but I would like to know what other (good) alternatives are out there -- the word is that AST and Project Magenta haven't updated their software for eons. 

Regards,

Ben

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Same question here ..How do you remove the VC?

Paul

To remove the VC:

Click the avionics you want to undock then press F10. The VC will be gone, but the avionics will still be visible.

I just fell in love.

Very nice Robert, what scenery is this?

Regards, Zsolt

Thank you Zsolt! The scenery is KIAH by FS Dream Team.

Robert