Sign in to follow this  
airpanther

Photos: Home cockpit with PMDG 777 undocked avionics

Damn, I knew I should have paid more attention at metal and woodwork classes in school :mellow:

ZORAN

Do we ever wonder why our wives look at us funny and think we have too much time on our hands? LOL.

Absolutely amazing. Well done sir. Is that the wife in the Capt seat in one of your photos on your website? I don't think I'd ever leave the sim....

I really like this sim, it looks very realistic, have you used lots of real boeing hardware?

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

AME GE90, GP7200 CFM56 

Impressive!

May i ask something? I don't have the pmdg 777 but only the 737ngx. Is it possible in the ngx  to dissable in the same way  the vc and undock all the

instruments, including the standby instruments / flap gauge ?

Thanks

Thank you all very much for your kind words!

>> have you used lots of real boeing hardware?

My sim is a pretty good mix of real parts, homemade parts and aftermarket parts. I haven't been able to locate many real parts from the 777, so I use parts from the 757/767 and 747-400. Many of the parts, such as swiches, knobs, etc., are identical to the 777.

>> Is that the wife in the Capt seat in one of your photos on your website?

My wife was behind the camera while I flew with a friend of ours :-)

>>  I don't have the pmdg 777 but only the 737ngx. Is it possible in the ngx  to dissable in the same way  the vc and undock all the instruments, including the standby instruments / flap gauge ?

I don't have the 737NG, so maybe someone else can verify if the avionics can be undocked the same way. I only used the upper and lower EICAS, so I'm not sure about the other instruments/flap gauge. The flight model, sounds and system logic are MAJOR pluses as well!

Robert

777simulator.com

A dream is a dream is a dream...I envy you guys that can build a home cockpit. Someday hope to have enough money to have FDS build one for me. Haha