Sign in to follow this  
olliecast

Crash after installing Pro Atc X - API.DLL

I do not use an anti-virus program but I have heard it interferes with the proper operation of FSX if not properly configured.  Looking at your Process Monitor though it is not properly configured as I suggested above on using the Process Monitor.  You have Windows processes showing up too.  With my configuration, only FSX and FSX addons are monitored.  So go ahead and start up FSX and set your aircraft on the active.  Then configure your process monitor as I recommended and then begin monitoring.  Take off and shutdown as soon as you see a crash or freeze and then hit Ctrl-E to stop the Process Monitor from monitoring.  Make sure you also wrote down the exact time fsx crashed.  Then open the Process Monitor log and see what happened "around" that time.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Ok, so tried with no antivirus and still the hang.

Done some more digging and I disabled the background chatter in atc x and havent had another crash.

I did manage an oom after landing, in dx10 with the pmdg 777 300 on a foggy morning going into uk2000 egmx from berlin.

I dont mind the oom at the moment as I can fix it with .cfg tweaking

Im running max autogen and density and also lod of 6.5!

So. tried a few more flights today and still having the errors. not maanged to do another process analyser though as the last was 2.5hours into the flight.

any ideas on this one fom the event viewer?

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18247, time stamp: 0x521ea8e7
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00092de9
Faulting process id: 0x%9
Faulting application start time: 0x%10
Faulting application path: %11
Faulting module path: %12
Report Id: %13

oh and i switched back to dx9 for the flight if that made any difference?

i`ve not got the uiautomationcore.dll in yet as i reinstalled? should i add based on this?

The ntdll.dll error is associated mostly with a bad overclock. If you can lower the overclock by 1 then it might make your system more stable. For instance, if your overclock is set at 43GHz, then lower it to 4.2 for a 42GHz overclock.

I could duplicate this error 100% of the time when I suffered this problem.

The uiautomationcore.dll is part of your Microsoft.net package. There are some who think that placing an older version of this module in your main fsx folder will fix menu crashes. If does for some, for many it does not. I have positive proof beyond all reasonable doubts that it does not fix everyone's problems and it actually causes crashes instead of fixing them. This forum has hundreds of posts where the individual posted a crash report and the uiautomationcore.dll was in his main FSX folder!!! The individual took it out and the crashes went away. The uiautomationcore.dll only fixes one problem, the menu crashes. You have to left or right click at least 20 times in the menu area. I have tried to replicate this crash and no joy. I do not have the uiautomationcore.dll in my main fsx folder and never 'knowingly' had it there to fix a problem. I did find a program had installed it automatically in the main fsx folder and that developer has since removed it from his install program. I was wondering why I had crashes all the time and then saw the uiautomationcore.dll in my main fsx folder. I thought, how in the heck did that get there? I didn't put it there! I removed it and my crashes went away.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thankyou very much for your response.

Im trying a flight now without pro atc x on exactly the same route but as you say, if my system isnt loaded up the same then it may not replicating the same load.

My i7 is running at 4.5ghz stable on the tests recommended in the forums but I may mow try to lower to say 4.4 to see if that solves the issue as the rig is running at night on 90 percent for all 4 cores.

Will keep you updated,

Thanks

Ollie

Sorry but me again.

Ive tried lowering my overclock now down to 4.5 ghz (it was 4.6) and still the fsx freeze, was at fl340 after departure and climb with atc x.

ive uninstalled and reinstalled my audio drivers with the latest and disabled background atc chatter in pro atc x.

im trying again now with the pro atc x flightplan but then closing it down after its loaded to see if that does anything.

Thanks

Ollie

The key is that you are no longer getting the ntdll.dll error after lowering your OC? You now state it is freezing. An AI program will do this if it is the same location.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

ntdll.dll error is gone mate. I think it was leaving the system hung for so long (i was downstairs)

even with the clock at standard it still hangs.

tried enabling all scenery areas - hang

without atc x - hang

turning autogen down - hang

heres is the last log - crashed at 10:17 and approx 11 secs.

any clues?

lastcrash101711secs_zps0207875e.jpg

thanks

ollie

The log does not show anything Ollie. The log does show that it is trying to create a file in your Roaming/FSX folder but cannot because it is being denied access (it is difficult to read the report even on my 30" screen). That's nothing and very common in computer processing. You still have not set up your process monitor correctly to monitor only FSX and FSX addons only. That makes it almost impossible to find a problem. When I found my problem for my freezes using the process monitor, it showed me only fsx processes. Scenery was being loaded all around the world, AI flight plans were being processed, communications to/from the Internet were occurring (probably downloading the latest weather). Even so, it is still hard to analyze but easier than having it combined with Windows processes too. I see on the bottom of your log, you have over 1 million events that occurred during your session. That's a lot of events to have to go through. Wouldn't it be easier to just bring your system back to the default -

• move your fsx.cfg, dll.xml, and exe.xml files to a temporary folder
  • disable all add on scenery in the scenery.cfg
  • restart fsx and let the config rebuild.
  • make minor adjustments to graphic resolution in fsx.cfg general settings.  Leave everything else at default.
  • Go fly.
Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

thankyou Jim.

Just trying this now.

my aircraft seems to have dissapeared though since rebuilding the .cfg along with the autogen! :o

NewBitmapImage_zps12b0ee48.png

Aircraft will disappear if you do not have the graphics 'fix' installed in the fsx.cfg - In the graphics section make sure you have HighMemFix=1.

You do not need to do a full reinstall of FSX if you followed my instructions above and brought your fsx back to the default. If your fsx is still crashing, then there is something seriously wrong with your computer or Windows installation.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

So I have completely reinstalled fsx and my addons to the letter

In the fsx.cfg only using highmemfix=1 and tried the same flight. Crashed again :(

Going to try updating my graphics driver and see if that does anything as im using an old version and its had 3 or 4 updates since

Going to try updating my graphics driver and see if that does anything as im using an old version and its had 3 or 4 updates since

Nice for you to tell us this information now almost on page 3 of this problem. LOL. Hope it works!

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Haha.

The reason for not changing my driver before is that people have said dont change unless your getting issues.

Running the flight now with the updated drivers and will see