Sign in to follow this  
maxhades

Antialiasing

Hi

I have tried all settings in NI Inspector, read all stickys about Antialiasing and FSX!

My problem: Yes Aliasing is working, and yes no more shimmering with sparse grind SS! A small performance hit, yes but i can live with it!

For what i can NOT live with it because of blurried gauges and texts with such high Antialiasing settings! Makes me blind! DX10 is not an option for me but i know Aliasing works much better with it!

Is there any solution out there to solve the blurries in the cockpit with such high AA Settings?

Thx

Max

I think you can find a lot of NI settings for DX9 mode online that should function quite well. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Thx for the replay

Nope i dont think so! I have tried settings from nick, Word Not Allowed, pmdg and myself! IF it comes to sparse grind or supersample the 2D panels are going blurried! Only solution is AA within Fsx! Clear gauges and,panels but Aliasing on displays and outside!

I can send you NI settings for DX9 that I know worked for me later today. Send me a PM in the evening and I'll see what I can do.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

From my experience, blurries happen when your system can't handle your settings.  But I've never seen them inside the cockpit unless the cockpit of the aircraft was made badly.  I don't know what your system is nor what aircrafts you are using so it would help if you posted that. 

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

No this is not about the performance, i am sure! And blurried 2d panels, for example the fmc panel inside pmdg ngx! I dont have this problem with dx10! Most of the time i fly pmdg, captain sim and airbus extended! It is all about supersample and sparse grind supersample or/and to high aa settingd like 8xS! But shimmering is always existing with fsx and some airports!

My system

Win 7 64bit

I7 cpu 2600

Geforce 660

8 Gig Ram

Only tweak is highmemfix!

Forget! All drivers up to date! And i dont mean blurries outside! I mean blurried gauges inside the panel for example all 2d panels! If you fly with active sky for example, open the xgauge with high AA! Unreadable!

And i have steves dx10 fixer! But so sad because i have less fps and performance against dx9! Thats why it isnt an option for me! But the AA settings with dx10 works realy good! Dx9 and super or sparsegrind AA is not a good combination! Only the multisamples working good! Fsx os programmed for that and dx9!

My system is running well over the years! So this is not the problem! Thx

My last test was

4xS+2xsuper or sparsegrindsamples

If i am back on my computer today i will post some shots!

I use ENB with DX9 for the shimmering..,.that's why I don't use DX10.

Here's my NI settings.  Also, I restart Aero with this batch file after FSX starts.

net stop uxsms
sleep 2
net start uxsms

cZGHUAd.png

I'd also go into Options->Display, turn off all traffic for the timebeing and look at each slider and setting, one by one.  The only other thing is that I have antialiasing unchecked inside of FSX.  My FSX.CFG doesn't have much interesting set in it.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

The 8xsparse grind must be a huge performancehit specialy in clouds i guess?

Try it out and see how it does.  Make a backup of your current settings first.

Gregg Seipp

Only solution is AA within Fsx!

What I have been posting here in the forums for a long time but obviously many have been able to get AA to work w/o it on in FSX and I find that strange. Really strange. I personally could never get it to work with the settings others recommended unless I also turned on AA w/I fsx.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

What I have been posting here in the forums for a long time but obviously many have been able to get AA to work w/o it on in FSX and I find that strange. Really strange. I personally could never get it to work with the settings others recommended unless I also turned on AA w/I fsx.

Very puzzling.  Perhaps, there are better settings out there I don't know about.  Here are some shots at Squamish, fairly heavily loaded, using these settings...framerates are around the mid-20s overclocked at 4.0.  It would be good to see what others get along with their settings.    

With ENB

zWGTcln.jpg

Without ENB

rfLnci0.jpgWith ENB

LUIzo8a.jpgWithout ENB

6ui0Z1R.jpg

EDIT:  I would add that I'm always looking for ways to get rid of ENB...it doesn't work with DX10 nor P3D.  I fly with it in some circumstances and without it in others.  At night, lights look far better with it. 

Gregg Seipp

That scenery looks good - what scenery is it?

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

That scenery looks good - what scenery is it?

Orbx Squamish.  Very heavy on a system but it's gorgeous.

Gregg Seipp

Thanks Gregg.  Just had a look at the ORBX video for that one and it does indeed look good.

However, I spend enough on scenery for Europe and Australia, and have banned myself from buying anything in North America as if I start that game, I would quickly become extremely poor.

Great scenery though.

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)