Sign in to follow this  
GridNorth

I don't get permission to start an engine

I have completed the voice training. I load a VFR Flight Plan and do a radio check.  I listen to ATC but VOXATC will not give me permission to start the engine.  I also seem to get a lot of "Pass your message" and "Unable to..." messages even though I'm following the scripts to the letter.

Yes.  See related topic.  When I first tried to post this there was no icon/button to post a new thread so I tried again, this second time the system told me I was not allowed to post new threads then low and behold both of them appeared.  Strange.

Correct me if im wrong but is permission given to start for small light aircraft flying vfr.

Dave

I see. You could also try the specific flight plan training. Give it a shot. But you must save your flight (.FLT file) with the flight plan first, in order to use that tool. 

I just tested it on a vfr flight at Stevens Anchorage International and ground gave me the all clear to start up upon hearing my request. Also keep your prompter window open and read the exact message that it displays. Once you know the exact phraseology by heart, you can use this window just to enable the program. 

To me this issue you are encountering sounds like the problem i had before i kept the program into a serious voice training session.  Also i would suggest trying to first fly the training flights provided by the developer with the manual at hand, so that you can verify if everything is working as it should. 

A lot of good advice especially "RTFM". Unfortunately my demo expired just as I thought I had a handle on it.  It's my birthday soon, I think I'll put VOXATC on the list.  I tried MCE but it's not as good IMO, at least not for what I want.

Alan

Try to contact Tegwyn, the developer. He helped me alot during testing and extended my demo period. Explain the issue at hand and i am sure he will help you as well.

I already have.  He suggests that speech recognition  is not set up correctly or my headset is not good enough.  I'm using a Microsoft headset with noise cancelling.

Contacted Tegwyn again.  He has extended my demo time which is fantastic as it has given me time to sort things out, which I have done.  Fair play to him, great customer service and I will be buying the product very soon.  I would buy it now but it's my birthday in a few weeks so I'm hoping someone treats me.

Awesome, told you ;) . Even though i was keen on buying the product at first after trying the 7 day demo period, i was instantly convinced by the excellent support Tegwyn showed by extending my demo period and by answering all of my questions. Overall, imo, it's a great product even if it takes some time setting it up. Too bad that it's not that publicized. 

Be sure on large airliner aircraft that you press 0 prior to start inside the VoxATC wind to toggle to the Push Back *AND* Permission to Start engines dialogue.  This is not the default option.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy