Sign in to follow this  
Mike T

Flight 1 Flight Environment

Has anyone tried Flight One's new program called Flight Enviroment? The screenshots look great. They didn't say whether or not the clouds are volumetric. Is that even possible with Microsoft FS? I remember the great volumetric clouds in Pro Pilot. I don't know how they did it, but they were so realistic I couldn't keep from saying Wow! every time I descended through them them or broke out on top. It was fun just to fly by and look at them. Sure brought back memories of doing that same thing in my old Taylorcraft! I wonder if we'll ever have them in this flight sim.Oh well. Plenty to keep me entertained in the meantime.If anyone has thoughts or perceptions they would like to share with me on Flight Environment I'd appreciate hearing them.Dewey

Guest Eric

Hello, Tested with my freind, they are all generic texture only, overall not worthed at this fs2004 cycle, there is plenty similar available and my waterclouds setup is good enought, I will not start again from scratch for 10% improved details.BestEric

Someone will have to say that it is worth paying for what we get with FSSKYWORLD for free! I am sad to say that this is one FS enhancement product release that I won't be buying.Mike T.

If you dont like it you can always get a refund, so theres really no reason not to get it. FSskyworld is a great freeware addon, but this is in another league.OHN

Guest Peter Wilding

>Hello,> Tested with my freind, they are all generic texture only,>overall not worthed at this fs2004 cycle, there is plenty>similar available and my waterclouds setup is good enought, I>will not start again from scratch for 10% improved details.>>>Best>EricThanks Eric;If you are a un happy customer please contact me direct and I'll be happy to help you through any problems you are having. It may be for example the installer went wrong for you; perhaps a wrong code was used or something or an invalid one. Who knows but you cetainly should see massive visual differences in how it looks.Clouds are 1,920 in total and none of them look anthing like the default or generic textures and there are a variety of performance sets too.It really does worry me to think a customer is not happy so please I'll be happy to resolve the matter for you and your friend.Peter Wilding (Developer of Flight Environment)

Guest foxone

Hi eric,The clouds are certainly not generic, you can even assemble your own cumulus cloud in the user interface.I have been involved in many painstaiking hours / days / months of beta testing this add-on as many other beta-testers of this product.And i haven't even been around full cycle. So i am a little dissapointed in your statement, and i think that you haven't seen the product, or atleast not in it's full potential.I will be willing to post some screenshots if you like.As the concern for the volumetric clouds, that was allready implemented in the fs2004 engine.If you have any problems, please feel free to contact me.www.foxone.tkvos69@home.nlhttp://members.home.nl/vos69/logofe.jpg

I purchased the product last night. Flight 1's return policy gives me an opportunity to "test drive" the new cloud, sky and water designs. The user interface is very complete and seems complex at first glance. I'm not sure I need all those choices. :) FS9 hung on the weather init the first time I started it after the installation. A second attempt starting FS9 with the menu function worked. I am using the 32-bit clouds and notice a nice improvement in cloud "scapes" without a FPS hit. However, I am using a very high end computer and graphics card. Twnety minutes of experience for me is not sufficient to offer an opinion as to value. (yet)This add-on attracted me because I spend most of my time in the air flying :) and not sitting on the ground admiring the autogen houses and trees. Hopefully I will not be dissapointed.Bob...

Guest foxone

Hi Bob,I am sure you will enjoy the product, as there are many different ways of setting up the environment.You could try for example the randomizer before fs starts, to give you a different (subtle) look everytime you start flight simulatorThe environment output varies where, what season and what time you fly.I hope you enjoy the product, and if you have any questions i will gladly be of any assistance!Regards,Anthonyhttp://members.home.nl/vos69/logofe.jpg

Guest bigun

Great job Anthony and all beta team members and developers. Very nice addition.

>Hi eric,>>The clouds are certainly not generic, you can even assemble>your own cumulus cloud in the user interface.>I have been involved in many painstaiking hours / days />months of beta testing this add-on as many other beta-testers>of this product.>And i haven't even been around full cycle. So i am a little>dissapointed in your statement, and i think that you haven't>seen the product, or atleast not in it's full potential.>I will be willing to post some screenshots if you like.>>As the concern for the volumetric clouds, that was allready>implemented in the fs2004 engine.>>If you have any problems, please feel free to contact me.>>www.foxone.tk>vos69@home.nl>>http://members.home.nl/vos69/logofe.jpgYes, FS9 certainly offers us a much more "volumetric" version of clouds than the cardboard cutouts of previous versions. However, I was referring to a class of volumetric clouds achieved in Pro Pilot that has never been matched in MFS, though I much prefer MFS as a flight simulator. If you haven't seen the clouds in Pro Pilot, you have missed a treat.But I do believe I'll give Flight Environment a try. And by the way, it's nice to see that those involved in it are concerned enough to be right on top of customer concerns.Thanks for your response, and thanks for the enjoyment folks like you add to our hobby.Dewey

>However, I was referring to a class of volumetric clouds>achieved in Pro Pilot that has never been matched in MFS,Hmmmmm.....I sort of know what you are talking about. I owned both ProPilot and FLY!2k and they both had great looking/feeling clouds. But I don't think they were truly "volumetric". They were generated right before your fligh-path. Truly volumetric clouds that we have today in FS9 allow you to examine a cloud from all angles, fly around it and penetrate it from any side, not to mention you can see them well before you fly into them. However I enjoyed those 1999-type clouds in ProPilot or FLY!2k I don't think they are any match for today's FS9 clouds. Just my $0.02.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Peter:You know something. I was NOT going to buy this addon at all because I am quite pleased with my FS WATER and FS SKYWORLD setup.HOWEVER, your response to the post above shows me what kind of team built this product and what kind of support I can expect if I have a problem. The trend now-a-days is to get defensive and fire off a caustic remark to a comment like Eric's. Your sincere concern is a breath of fresh air to me.With that said, I AM buying your product the second I finish typing this and I will recommend it to my simmin' buddies. You deserve no less than any little support that I can contribute.Cheers,Mike T.

Guest SteveJ

I have been interested in the new version of Active Sky to be released. Can someone hightlight the differences in this program and what is being done with the new Active Sky release? Is it that Flight Environment affects a broader class of the environment, including water effects, while Active Sky focuses more on smoother cloud transitions? Thanks, Steve J.

Steve:Activesky will generate the weather for you, which includes more cloud scapes, smoother transitions, turbulence, towering cumulunimbus clouds, etc. The flight one offering offers the clouds effects and water. They go hand in hand.HTH,Mike T.