Sign in to follow this  
Matchew1982

AUscene - Adelaide X v2 and AUscene - Sydney Professional X v2

Hi guys just wondering if anyone has puchased these products and what u think of them, This will fill a good gap in my YSSY and YPAD being FSX standard airports, I know fly tampa is bringing a YSSY out but was wondering the thoughts on YPAD look nice but would like feedback

Matt

Hi Matt,

I have Auscene YPAD and I am very pleased with it to the point where I was seriously considering buying Auscene YSSY instead of waiting for the FlyTampa version. I have however decided to be patient and just wait for FlyTampa YSSY as I already have all the FlyTampa products and they are superb, so I would probably end up buying their YSSY anyway!

However, I am happy to recommend Auscene YPAD without any reservations (and it also is compatible with Orbx Australia scenery if you happen to be using that).

Bill

Just picked up Sydney v2 on sale at PC Aviator (Australia) minus an additional 5% off this weekend. For $13, I don't have to wait for flyTampa!

let us know what its like. I wish someone would tackle Bankstown airport though, lot of great memories there

ZORAN

Meh - it's ok. If you want to read a review and see some pics, Bill Stack did one over at flightsim.com. I have ORBX Australia, but I don't have any other big payware airports, so I'm not well placed to 'review' this one. Certainly it adds more detail (especially the port area further around the bay - and there's no major fps hit (changing nothing in settings after the install), but photoreal (pancake) stationary cars on surrounding roads aren't a good look (especially when road traffic in FSX drives over them!) and the roads on the east side perimeter of the airport (near new car rental shops and BP service station) undulate wildly, so the moving cars look like they're on a roller-coaster. Also the whole area looks a little washed-out colour wise compared with the ORBX rendition.

Overall, this would be a good upgrade for anyone wanting a detailed YSSY over the default FSX version, but if you already have ORBX Australia, the benefit is not as great. As others are expecting great things from flyTampa's version, it will be interesting to see what that looks like when the time comes.

I just fired it up for the first time. I'm glad I only paid $12.40 USD. It looks like what I think it is, a FS2004 port over. Meh, is a fair assessment in my opinion. 

NAX669.png